HOT nurse ahead with questions...

embabe

My own epidemic!
So, now that I've got your attention.... I need some help with my nursing school application essay..... pretty, pretty please? :p

Ok, so what qualities, in your opinion, does a good nurse have?

(serious answers are greatly appreciated :D )

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Not bitchy....be patient with patients. Answer their stupid questions as if they were good questions. Be understanding when the new first-time father is a little bit over-protective of his new little dude. :D

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Steer clear of the phrase "Hitler the Nazi Nurse" and you should be OK. If a patient says "hey I think my catheter bag is getting pretty full" you should probably empty it before said patient gets pissed and throws it.... :D

embabe

My own epidemic!
:rofl: Thanks guys! I'll have to remember to add these to my study list when I study for the NCLEX.... maybe they'll even be on the test! ;) Anybody have any more suggestions for qualities of a good nurse? Or, rather, if you were stuck in the hospital, what qualities would you want YOUR nurse to have?

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I've probably spent more hours hanging out at hospitals in the last 18 years than most nurses have. (For family members, not me) The best nurses are personable with their patients and yet professional at the same time. They are confident and caring. I consider most of them saints, considering what they have to put up with. (The general public.)

There are alot of great nurses around here. Only had one bad nurse experience. She was a rather large lady and was too damn lazy to get up and do her job!! (One bad one in 18 years is not bad,though!)

devilbikerdude

devilbikerdude said:
WATCH ER the show on nbc right now! they have scenes with are state prison in it and some of park city :D be nice and friendly and very helpfull

oh well it just ended but it had the wasatch mtns in the back ground with the prison tower up front, it was pretty sweet :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
embabe said:
Right.... I don't really think scrubs are quite what you're thinking.... ;) Well I suppose you could just ask Brett.. ;)

I don't know about that....I think my wife is pretty hot in scrubs :D

My advice....learn how to draw blood well!!!! And if you can't hit he vien by the third try. STOP and get someone that can!! And NEVER just keep poking and fishing around with the needle under the skin hoping by some chance to hit a vien :rolleyes: :mad2:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
James K said:
I think we need pics, before we pass judgement on the HOT nurse part :D
image.php

;)

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
embabe said:
Right.... I don't really think scrubs are quite what you're thinking.... ;) Well I suppose you could just ask Brett.. ;)

On the contrary, I happen to prefer scrubs. :D

I like my Nurse's to be friendly, I had a nurse who was drawing my blood once roll her eyes at me when I told her to be gentle. For a guy with piercings... I tend to be afraid of needles. In this case she was very unpersonable and she didn't say one full sentence to me the whole time I was there. It was like she hated her job and all the people around her. I was very uncomfortable.

The best Nurse's I have had were the ones in Child Care. The ones who helped take care of my baby boy when he was born, they were soooo nice..... and cute too. Cute helps a lot.. ;)

embabe

My own epidemic!
Naw... he just helped me improve the jeep a little... He even came and fixed my jeep while I was at work once. I might have even been wearing scrubs that day.

I'm really suprised you guys think that scrubs are cute. I always feel like I'm a shapeless blob or that I'm in my pajamas when I'm wearing them.

Keep the answers coming though, I'm really starting to get an idea how this essay is going to shape up. :)

Brett

Meat-Hippy
embabe said:

Well, you could ask me.....and I will agree and say that, yes Em is pretty hot. :D As far as I remember, you weren't in scrubs when I stopped by your office....who knows though.

Oh, and Erik thinks you're hot too :p

James K

NO, I'm always like this
rckcrlr said:
My advice....learn how to draw blood well!!!! And if you can't hit he vien by the third try. STOP and get someone that can!! And NEVER just keep poking and fishing around with the needle under the skin hoping by some chance to hit a vien :rolleyes: :mad2:

exactly................and explain what you are doing while you're doing it, makes the person feel at ease fi they have some understanding of what is happening to them.

I had seen your pic, but somebody had to request pics of the "HOT" nurse, you are the makings of a cute nurse :D

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
So here's my question to you. Why don't they wear the cool little white hats with the red crosses on them anymore? Also, why don't they wear the little white outfit anymore?? Or did they ever???

White is probably too hard to keep clean.. that's my guess.

:p