South-East Utah Hotel Rock/Moab May 16-18

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Sorry bout the date mix up and other thread being deleted... My wife informed me I had the date wrong...

I'm planning on leaving mid afternoon Friday to get down there and set me up a camp spot. Taking the wife and kids. I figure being a low rated(4) trail, it won't take all day. So Saturday I want to do the trail and see some cool ruins. Just wander with no rush on Saturday. And on Sunday I was thinking doing a Moab trail(Hells Revenge, Elephant, or something semi long and scenic..). If anyone cares to join, post up. I don't mind having company. I have a 6 and 1.5 year old boys. So bring your kiddos if ya have any.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I may camp north of Moab near arches in my secret camp spot and drive down to Blanding Saturday morning for Hotel Rock. But depending on who joins, I may not...

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Yeah, my 6 year old has never been to Moab. I'd prefer to start him out on more mellow trails for the scenery. And I haven't been on Metal Masher. So I can check that one out for myself too....

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Yeah, my 6 year old has never been to Moab. I'd prefer to start him out on more mellow trails for the scenery. And I haven't been on Metal Masher. So I can check that one out for myself too....

Are you still running the stock size BFG KM mud tires? The main trail of Metal Masher is not very difficult for a stock Rubicon and is very scenic, but there are a few spots up on the plateau that if we stop for a break you will need to keep an extra eye on the kiddos due to the steep cliffs and sometimes gusty winds.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I should have more solid dates in a day or two, my wife works at the U and needs to find out when some important faculty meeting is during that week.

As a side note, I just looked up the dates for the UTV rally they have down there every year and will need to avoid a few areas, most are cool folks but some are pricks who ride your butt and we have almost hit a few. Or I guess they almost hit us I should say.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Loading the Jeep up today and should be down there tomorrow night. Are you guys more in favor of a morning to afternoon run or afternoon to evening run?

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
If it's not a 7 or 8 am run, I would prefer morning to afternoon. Then I can relax in the evening. This will be my first camping trip with the baby. So I don't want to be running around crazy trying to get ready to meet at the trail at 8. 9 or 10 though would be great... I should be leaving around noon or one tomorrow. I may do a little evening run up Moab Rim or somewhere close to town tomorrow night.... Hit me up if you're down for that too... See ya down there...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
If it's not a 7 or 8 am run, I would prefer morning to afternoon. Then I can relax in the evening. This will be my first camping trip with the baby. So I don't want to be running around crazy trying to get ready to meet at the trail at 8. 9 or 10 though would be great... I should be leaving around noon or one tomorrow. I may do a little evening run up Moab Rim or somewhere close to town tomorrow night.... Hit me up if you're down for that too... See ya down there...

We won't be leaving until my wife gets off work, so that puts us there around 10 PM. When I say morning, I'm talking 10 or 11 AM. So if we planned to meet at the dirt parking area that would work.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
The dirt parking area before Gemini Bridges? Or the start of the trail at the Metal Masher sign? I'm down for 10 oclock at either.... I'll check back on here tonight or tomorrow before I head out...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The dirt parking area before Gemini Bridges? Or the start of the trail at the Metal Masher sign? I'm down for 10 oclock at either.... I'll check back on here tonight or tomorrow before I head out...

The parking lot right off the highway where you see all of the ATV trailers. We will shoot for 10 AM but might be closer to 11, we will get to Moab a bit late tomorrow night so might be slow to get going the next morning. I'll be in this

Attachments

• IMG_0557 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0557 (800x600).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5