House AC question

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Looking for some help with a question on my house AC. I had a brand new compressor installed right at the end of last summer. We used it for one week and that was it. This year we go to fire it up and it runs fine but it wont turn off. The blower and the ac unit won't shut off at the thermostat controller. If it reaches the right temperature the to shut off or it manually switched to off the controller clicks off but unit remains on until I flip the blower power switch next to the blower and it all shuts down. The heater will turn on and off just fine. My question is do I need to just replace the thermostat controller or is there a controller in the blower that isnt shutting everything down?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My guess is that your thermostat is bad. Especially if it was fine last summer. Dead batteries can sometimes cause weird stuff also..

Caleb

If you used it last year and it was fine, then I'd lean towards what jeeper is suggesting. When I bought a Nest thermostat, I hooked it up wrong and it it was doing weird things like you are describing (heater worked fine, on AC only the fan would blow). There was one wire I had to change, once I moved it, everything was fine. So did you by chance remove or replace your thermostat and it's now hooked-up wrong?