House Mold inspections

Tonkaman

I'm concerned that my grandmas house may have a mold problem. Is there anyone on here that does mold testing? What does testing usually cost? Anything specific I should be looking for?

mombobuggy

Do not know for a fact but someone told me you can buy test kits online or at home centers. And there are some Dogs around that are trained to find it. Hydrogen peroxide is supposed to kill it. Good luck that is unfortunate.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Test kits are readily available. I picked one up from I think Home Depot a few years ago, but it could very well have been somewhere else. Diluted bleach will kill the mold, but make sure you fix the moisture problem or it will just come back.

Tonkaman

Thanks for the replies fellas! I'll look into the problem a bit further.

Part of the problem is the suspicion of mold without much evidence where we can see it. There are a few black dots coming up through the carpet in a few areas that look like mold but no obvious stains on any walls, ceilings, or floors. My grandmas has some trouble breathing , but it seems to clear up if she is away from the house for a couple days. It's possible that there's no correlation but it's worth looking into