House needing appraised.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
You probably already know this. We did our refinance through America First CU - They accept your Property Tax Notice as an appraisal. Also they do not charge any closing costs. Great deal for us.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
OCNORB said:
You probably already know this. We did our refinance through America First CU - They accept your Property Tax Notice as an appraisal. Also they do not charge any closing costs. Great deal for us.

That would be a good deal, since my property tax notice says my house is worth $12K more than it just appraised for. :rolleyes: That would also save you the $300 or whatever for an actual appraisal.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I Lean said:
That would be a good deal, since my property tax notice says my house is worth $12K more than it just appraised for. :rolleyes: That would also save you the $300 or whatever for an actual appraisal.
Yeah, they went a little overboard this time, eh?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
everybody in salt lake county had a rise in tax assessed property value this year, so don't feel picked on.
look on the bright side, it is good when you are selling :D

Caleb

xj_punk said:
everybody in salt lake county had a rise in tax assessed property value this year, so don't feel picked on.

mine only went up $2,000 :D and according to the county's record is still WAY below what mine appraised for 3 years ago :p

and FWIW, it doesn't do ANYTHING for you when you are selling...you will always need to get an actual appraisal for the loan company.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Supergper said:
mine only went up $2,000 :D and according to the county's record is still WAY below what mine appraised for 3 years ago :p

and FWIW, it doesn't do ANYTHING for you when you are selling...you will always need to get an actual appraisal for the loan company.

i was just referencing to how it will always be appraised (privately) for higher than the county value, as you know. i work for slcnty and people are always pissed about property taxes, even if they are low :D

olywrestle

Duct Tape
xj_punk said:
mine here in Holladay actually dropped, so did my property value, by like 20k??? must be too many projects hanging out in the yard! o'well, less taxes is always good. :)

ace

Parts Collector
olywrestle said:
mine here in Holladay actually dropped, so did my property value, by like 20k??? must be too many projects hanging out in the yard! o'well, less taxes is always good. :)

hehe, I'm with ya. All I need to do is get that coveted 79 el camino up on blocks in the front yard and I'll be set!! :greg: