House windows

mr_blove

ask me if I care
I am looking at installing a couple of windows in my basement possibily by myself or by a professional. Those of you that have done this before if you have any info on this task or know a good window guy, please share your experiance with me. If you know a good do-it-yourself website that could be helpful as well. Thank you.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Installing, like cutting a hole in the foundation and sticking a window in said hole? Or, installing, like taking out an existing window, and replacing it with a different window? I've done the latter, and it was pretty easy. Is your basement finished?

MOODY

Bald Guy
DO NOT go with Advanced Windows. Total asshats, IMO. Perhaps one of the worst business transactions I have ever had...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Installing as in cutting the foundation to accomidate a larger window. No the basement is not finished.

Ah, good luck with that. I recently took out a basement window and cut out the foundation for a French Door. I hired a contractor. That's how I would do it if I were you. He didn't even do the concrete cutting himself, he hired a sub for that.