How did you get interested in 4wheeling?

How did you get into 4wheeling?

• Friends: My friends peer pressured me.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Family: I was just raised this way.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Significant Other: He or she dragged me along.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Myself: I got myself into it by buying a 4x4.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Other: Please specify.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

britney

Queen of Chit!!
Very Good Question.

My answer is Jeremy, I have learned to love 4wheeling through him. I highly doubt I would be this involved if he didn't love it so much. It wasn't like this before you know ......... I married a singer dammit!!

Quick version of how he did......... Jeremy had a full-size Jimmy, one day he met an old friend named Eric. Eric is good friends with Andy aka Hollywood. Thus the modifying began. One trip to Moab with 11 hrs. on P. Spider and Golden Spike. He was hooked!!!!

P.S.
You didn't put your story Ms. 84 4Runner

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well, my Dad bought his Samurai in 1990, and we wen't to the sand dunes the first weekend he had it. Then, three years later he and I went to Moab for the first time, and though I was scared to death, I was hooked, mostly just to spend time with my Dad. As I got older, I got more and more interested in 4-wheeling, and eventually bought my own Samurai in 1999. And thats about it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My family has always had 4x4's, trucks bronco's, powerwagons... I got into it mostly because I loved to go exploring in the mountains. I bought my first FJ40 when I was 14 and it all started then... :D

utahxjer

All the above! Dad was always a light wheeler(trails, having fun) now I'm gettin him into rockcrawling!

grinch

inner city redneck
I bought a wrangler back in 95 to help get me to work up in the park city snow storms.... I put a lift and 33's on for looks (I know lame reason but its true) I then got talked into my first easter safarie that year and got addicted.... Its been the best drug of my life.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
back in the day my friend and I would play with toy trucks in the dirt and we always like how the suspension worked. Then it moved to wheelin R/c trucks in the dirt. Then it went to the real thing. I guess it is something I have always enjoyed.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
In high school, I had a '51 flattie. Should have never sold it. almost 20 years later, I finally have the financial ability to purchase another jeep. Of course, I had no idea that it would become a huge money pit that eats my paycheck before I even get a chance to see the amount of the check! :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i drove a HUMVEE at camp williams when i was 14. it was the captain's personnal one too:D he let me do all sorts of crazy stuff that others weren't aloud to do. anywho i had alot fun, and he said thanks to me, that ride was the closest he's ever been to rolling in a HUMVEE. kinda scary, i almost rolled one of those and now look at what i drive!!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
i gave a HUMVEE at camp williams to the captain's he gave me one too:D he let me do all sorts of crazy stuff that others weren't aloud to do. anywho i had alot fun, and he said thanks to me,..kinda scary,...

[cough]
B.S.
[/cough]

Nice story though!

S

sukaB

My story is true..
I drove a hummer first and broke everything everytime I went out...
Cost our company alot of money in parts but the mechanics liked me cause I always helped put it back together..
Plus we all learned how to ungovern them......
I was the only one driving I-5 down to san diego to load up on the ships and could do 90.....
governers limit at 50 on every other POS....
CRAP WAGON's
Bought my 91 blacky first one and she's still with me...

Jeromy

I have always wanted a jeep. Ever since I was young. none of my family ever owned one. but i knew i had to get one.

P

pokeyYJ

My two best friends had lifted TJ's in high school, and then my dad bought his 2000 TJ. After that I was hooked.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
my dad had a 1990 isuzu trooper. he has never wheeled ever (he is the most practical guy you'd ever meet). i bought it from him and i ended up wheeling it till the auto lock hubs stopped working. sold it (for more than i paid) and bought my bro's cherokee (lightly wheeled). look at me now... i am insane!!! all i think about is jeep, and my dad loves the fact it has been in his garage for 6 months now! HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!!!!

-nate

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the supreme RME owner Greg got me into it with seriousness, I have always loved offroading until I saw greg junking his stuff in moab then I was a lifer!!

Caleb

Originally posted by sukaB
My story is true..
I drove a hummer first and broke everything everytime I went out...
Cost our company alot of money in parts but the mechanics liked me cause I always helped put it back together..
Plus we all learned how to ungovern them......
I was the only one driving I-5 down to san diego to load up on the ships and could do 90.....
governers limit at 50 on every other POS....
CRAP WAGON's
Bought my 91 blacky first one and she's still with me...

this makes me laugh cause most people talk about how sweet hummers are EXCEPT for the guys that actually have/do drive them all the time (marines, etc) and they all say they are a huge hunk of steel and not good for much else...

I got into offroading in my 86 2wd subaru:D in high school...then I got a 4WD (cherokee) and have been hooked since then...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I don't want to go back and revisit the past. I twould be too expensive. I'll just say that I was supposed to be named "Jeep" when I was born, but my parents messed up, so I've been trying to make up for it ever since..:D