How do I determine spring hight?

heavy18

XJNation
I have a 2001 XJ which sits perfectly level now, but one of the rear leafs needs to be replaced. So the Question: How do I figure out what springs to buy to keep it level??

I bought it mildly built and have since redone a lot of crap. The previous owner told me the front had 5.5 RE springs with ACOS. The rear sat about 1-1.5" lower and had shims, JKS shackles and lift springs (I'm assuming...)

The front still has the springs and ACOS but now on top of a Waggy 44 with a TNT truss.
The rear still has the shackles and same springs but now on top of a Ford 8.8 with 1.5" U-Bolt eliminators.

The only way I can even think of coming up with the right leaf springs is to take them out and haul them to an off-road shop. Of course I'll have give a SWAG for break-in... There just has to be a better way!

Any ideas?

(Getting ready for Moab Easter Safari, here is a quick cheesy flex near the house last week to adjust bump-stops)
1FelxTest4.jpg

heavy18

XJNation
I haven't been able to spot a PN on the springs - they're pretty rough though (some rust, some crud...) I wonder if there is an area I can focus my search on...

The BW flares do break. One of the front's has a pretty good crack/hole at the bottom and on others I've had to use some tabs to re-fasten some screws where the holes in the XJ body have been enlarged. The flares came with the XJ and keep it street-legal, so they work for me. They can be repaired with a fiberglass kit if you care to (I haven't yet...) I try to watch out for them them on the trails. Eventually I'd like to make something with tube that can standup to rocks better, or just keep it easy with some of these:
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ys&Product_Code=RA-FLR1-XJ&Category_Code=BODY

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
My brother had the BW flares on his XJ and hated them. I am about to modify some early 90's Dakota stock flares to fit my Jeep, the measurements are almost identical where I was going to be trimming anyway so it will be pretty easy. See if you can clean up the springs and find a part number sticker or etching on them.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Most shops can custom make you a set if you know how much your rig weighs and how high you want it. Give Alcan a call.