How do you book readers do it?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I love to read. Problem is, I love to read a lot. If I get hooked into a book, I can and will pretty much tune out the rest of the world until I finish the book.

Have you ever read "Sho Gun"? that is definitely something to be proud of when you are finished. It's a wonderful insight into late 19th century Japanese Samurai lifestyle and social class.

The last two christmas holidays I have been given a new Dean Koontz book. I don't think I will get one this year. I read last years book before the night was over. Reading is the best way I can think of to unwind my mind.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
a friend of mine just dropped off 8 Wilbur Smith books!!

Wilbur Smith writes these page turners about the Courteney family, going all the way back to the late 1700's or so right up to present day. I first read one called "Blue Horizon" set in Africa. Good stuff, and I'm looking forward to them as I spend a lot of time travelling.

He's bringing me some Clive Cussler too. Trash but great for the road! And beats the hell out of my home library, all full of "literature".

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Tacoma said:
a friend of mine just dropped off 8 Wilbur Smith books!!

Wilbur Smith writes these page turners about the Courteney family, going all the way back to the late 1700's or so right up to present day. I first read one called "Blue Horizon" set in Africa. Good stuff, and I'm looking forward to them as I spend a lot of time travelling.

He's bringing me some Clive Cussler too. Trash but great for the road! And beats the hell out of my home library, all full of "literature".
Wilbur Smith kicks ass! "Monsoon" is by far the best. Set in the late 1600's. I think "Blue Horizon" is the sequel to it. Tom and Dorian, right?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
yep, that's the deal!

Monsoon is among the bunch. I read Blue Horizon over the summer whilst manning the big fireworks stand overnight... kind of dull, so books it is! That one was about perfect to keep me awake AND waste a lot of time.

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
chevtech said:
Sorry didn't realize this was a personal issue for you, but I have no such anger here. I spent plenty of time hiking, boating, skiing, rock climbing, traveling, soccer, camping, wheeling, etc....

;)

I just grew up playing video games as well with my dad, bros, and friends. Why so testy? Drawing conclusions from personal frustrations perhaps?

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: