HOW MANY SPLINES?

00xj36s

i have a 2000 jeep cherokee and i dont know how many splines my dana 35 axle shafts have. any idea how to find out without pulling my shafts out and counting?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Are you sure its a 35? I thought most later xj's were 8.25's. If so it would be 29

00xj36s

yup im sure its a 35, i just went out and triple double checked it again. i used that diff id chart from one of the other threads.

i know that they make lockers for dana 35s with both 27 and 30 spline shafts. still unsure what i have.

thanks for your help though

Caleb

yup im sure its a 35, i just went out and triple double checked it again. i used that diff id chart from one of the other threads.

i know that they make lockers for dana 35s with both 27 and 30 spline shafts. still unsure what i have.

A 30 spline D35 may be a front application or an aftermarket application. As Wayne said, ALL Jeep D35s are 27 spline.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Are you sure its a 35? I thought most later xj's were 8.25's. If so it would be 29
Naw, they used D35's and 8.25's up til the end. I don't _think_ the 8.25's ever got ABS, so I think where ABS was used, got a D35.

There is what is called a 'super 35' kit, which converts your 27 spline unit to 30 splines. But all D35's were 27 spline from the factory; doesn't matter if it was a front or rear end, Ford or Jeep.

So what your seeing is an optional 30 spline unit.