How much snow is in Moab?

Wade O

Has anyone been down recently? How much snow are on the trails? In town?

Which will work better on slickrock covered in snow? Tire Chains or Tire Cables?

Wade

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Wade O said:
Has anyone been down recently? How much snow are on the trails? In town?

Which will work better on slickrock covered in snow? Tire Chains or Tire Cables?

Wade

Most of the snow is gone in town, but there is still 2-3 inches south of town in Spanish Valley. I haven't done any trails for a couple weeks, but I suspect that most of them are in pretty good shape. The south-facing slopes are pretty much snow free. We have club runs on Steel Bender and Kane Creek this weekend, so I'll know more then.

Neither chains or cables will help much on snow covered slickrock. I had to strap a guy with a broken Cherokee out of a trail 2 weeks ago. He put chains on, but as soon as he hit dry slickrock, they would just wrap around the tires.

By the way, if anyone wants to join us this weekend, we meet at Boomer's Market at 9:00 AM both days. Our normal "trail of the month" date is the second Saturday following the first Monday of each month. Everyone is welcome.

Jeff

Wade O

Jeff,

Thanks for the info, I'm heading down tomorrow and we are thinking of trails along the lines of Cliff Hanger, Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike - Rusty Nail and the likes. If your at City Market I'm sure I'll see your vehicle there.

As a local what are you expecting the weather to be this weekend?

Thanks for the info.

P.S. I was just kidding when I asked about the tires chains

Wade

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Wade O said:
Jeff,

Thanks for the info, I'm heading down tomorrow and we are thinking of trails along the lines of Cliff Hanger, Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike - Rusty Nail and the likes. If your at City Market I'm sure I'll see your vehicle there.

As a local what are you expecting the weather to be this weekend?

Thanks for the info.

P.S. I was just kidding when I asked about the tires chains

Wade

The weather looks good for Saturday, partly cloudy and a little warmer (40's). 20% chance of flurries Sat night and Sunday.

I hoped you were kidding about the chains, but after seeing the guy using them a couple weeks ago, ya never know...

Wade O

Jeff,

Are you a member of Red Rocks? Any chance I could pick up a membership application Saturday Morning?

I'll be in a little red TJ on 33's surrounded by a couple of Jeep-Buggy's on 38's.

Wade

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Wade O said:
Jeff,

Are you a member of Red Rocks? Any chance I could pick up a membership application Saturday Morning?

I'll be in a little red TJ on 33's surrounded by a couple of Jeep-Buggy's on 38's.

Wade
Yeah, I'm currently VP of the club. There is a waiting list for Associate members (we have about 350 associates world-wide). You can get on the waiting list by calling Ber Knight at 435-259-7625... new members are added each September.

Stop by and say hi if you get a chance. I've got a yellow samurai, and I'll be at Boomer's (not City Market) about 8:45. (Boomer's is the grocery just south of McDonalds).

Wade O

How close to Boomer's is the Sage Inn? That is where we are staying. If I am not too far wrong, pretty dang close.

Wade

J

jeff cardall

Wow that much snow on a off camber section next to the edge would get my as$ tighter than a frog's eye :eek: