How Much??$$$$$$$$$

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
4Runner: $2500
Mods(suspension, drivetrain, tires, etc): $4000?? (I have stopped counting sort of....this is depressing)
Repairs(including NEW soon-to-arrive LCE long-block): $4500

The real question is, how much could I sell it for? I don't think I could get much for a gigantic paper-weight. What do you think?
:(

gtidrivr

I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET IF ANY OF US SOLD OR TRIED FOR THAT MATTER WE WOULDNT GET MORE THAN 15K FOR A PREMO RIG LET ALONE 10K FOR A WELL BUILT D.D.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Vonski X

There are approx. 264 sticks of tube per mile and it would all cost about $10,560. This measurement converting program on our computer is kinda cool! :D
Yeah, that sounds about right...

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
I know that If I had paid full price for all the crap on mine I would be in the 12,500 range. Thanks to some super cool vendors (RRO, Shrockworks, Rock 4x Fabrications) and a healthy heap of used parts I have around 8500 in the sammi. Just think, D-44 Axles, winch, and power steering are yet to come. I still couldn't have come even close to building a jeep up this well. ;)

jump.gif

utahxj

"Quit job & go wheel'n"
I made the mistake of asking my wife how much we had into our jeep and she informed me after some adding that including purchase price we are into our xj around $15,000.00-$16,000.00! Now I'm in trouble! No more spending on the jeep until the wife cools down!

gcb17

11998 initial purchase price 2 years ago when it was in good shape with low miles.

45K miles later total investitude-$15Kish not too bad. could be a lot worse.

harkinoff

something to do...
I'm into mine a little over 9000.00 now and its still on the rise:eek: the rig was free to start with:p the usually asking price of an International product...........

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Stopped counting at $12k on the Bronco and it isn't worth 3k now. Well, maybe $3K. When I told the family i was going to sell it, my kids threw a fit. I guess I never thought about them getting so attached to it over the years. Can't put a price on all the memories of all the trips we've taken in it.

troutbum

cubi-kill
12-15K ish....keeping track is for suckers ;) I Know I dropped 7-8K this year alone....

I have more in wheels and rubber than some of these sammi guys sheesh

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
YJ - 10,500
Lift (used) - 250
Tires - 800
Rims - 600
Bumpers, Tire Carrier, Rock SLiders - 900
Accessories - 250
Performance - 450
Stereo - 400
SYE Kit - 600
Dana 44 (with ARB and 4.10's) - Freebie
4.10's (used) - 35
4.10 install in D30 - 350

Total - 15,135 :eek:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
haha could've done with out some blingin $600 rims and a $400 stereo... but i guess everyone builds different. my first set of wheels were $40 wagon wheels and my new ones came in a set (5) 36.5x14x15s with wheels included from the thrifties for $250. i took my cd player out and sold it to a friend for $50 cause i didn't have any speakers left after i took out the doors and hatch. i will just go buy a little boombox/tapeplayer and bolt it into my rollcage or something for style points. seeing as how it is a trailer queen i don't need a stereo.

-nate

utahxjer

Cody I got dibbs on your rig for $60:p

And I didn't think my wife knew how much we had into my jeep, but she did, she told me one day-$7300

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by xj_punk
haha could've done with out some blingin $600 rims and a $400 stereo... but i guess everyone builds different. my first set of wheels were $40 wagon wheels and my new ones came in a set (5) 36.5x14x15s with wheels included from the thrifties for $250. i took my cd player out and sold it to a friend for $50 cause i didn't have any speakers left after i took out the doors and hatch. i will just go buy a little boombox/tapeplayer and bolt it into my rollcage or something for style points. seeing as how it is a trailer queen i don't need a stereo.

-nate

He He...

Do you think I would've paid for those rims? HA HA.... No the previous owner bought those rims and put them on... You should see the rock rash on em....

The stereo... That is what "you" would have paid for it... My buddy's friend is a dealer, so I got it for cost... I only paid about $150 for the whole thing, and it sounds good! :D

Lazarus401

Old Time RME'r
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep

My buddy's friend is a dealer, so I got it for cost... I only paid about $150 for the whole thing, and it sounds good! :D

In other words it came off the back off a truck, or out of white van having a "SPECIAL" going out of Business sale. :D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by Lazarus401

In other words it came off the back off a truck, or out of white van having a "SPECIAL" going out of Business sale. :D

Well, actually... The Truth is it came out of another Jeep! :D