How to attach dune flag.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
On my other vehicles I used my CB whip antenna to attach a dune flag but do not have a body mount on my Dodge Ram 2500. Does anyone have a suggestion for a non body damaging way to do it?

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
This is how my flag is mounted. It is a long nut with an all thread epoxied in the bottom. Take a nut and lock washer on the bootm side to fasten it down and then epoxy your whip antenna into the other end of the long nut.
Here is a decent pic of mine attached. Works great, if you want I will get you a close up picture tonight.
IMG_0697.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I don't think you need one if you are thinking so for the service project. If you do, just drop in down inside the stake pockets of the bedrails.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My stake pockets are covered by a tonneau cover and the pole would not be much above the top of the cab if mounted to the bumper but bumper sounds good if the height is ok.
I thought they were required for the service project and if you just want to go run around the dunes.
What are the requirements for Little Sahara?
Doss, that would make you think twice about going to the dunes.

jevyguy

I think the flag only needs to be 7' in the air so anything above the cab would probably be close to that.

STAG

On my grind
Flags are only req'd at little Sahara if you're planning on taking your truck off the dedicated roads/trails (into the real dunes), which i would mot reccomend in a dodge 2500, unless you are okay with getting stuck :D