how to properly box a frame

gotta box my cj5 frame here in the next couple weeks and was wondering if someone knew some ways to do it that would save me some time. also what thickness of metal should i use to box it in?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
How bad is the rust? You may find it easiest to sandblast it first. If you are not already down to the frame, that means a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
if i were you i would start with some 2x4 rectangle tubing and build my own from scratch it would be easier and you could shape it any way you wanted to better accomodate your stretched wheelbase and huge ride height you have going on there :D

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
if i were you i would start with some 2x4 rectangle tubing and build my own from scratch it would be easier and you could shape it any way you wanted to better accomodate your stretched wheelbase and huge ride height you have going on there :D

Starting with some 2x4 box is for sure going to be the best way to go about it.:D

haha the jeep is not going to be huge for very long getting rid of the coils and doing airshocks or coilovers the tires should be about the same heigt of the hood