How's this grab ya?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
how ya like these apples? Anyone have an issue with this? :rolleyes:

WILLOW GROVE, Pa. (AP) — A suburban Philadelphia township is considering whether to fine people who don't lock their car doors.

Commissioners in Upper Moreland Township are debating an ordinance that would require people to lock their car doors when parked in public areas — or face a citation and a $25 fine.

Police Chief Thomas Nestel says that since 2008 three-quarters or more of each year's reported thefts in the township are from cars left unlocked.

The Bucks County Courier Times reports that under the proposal police would do spot checks on cars in neighborhoods having problems with thefts from cars.

The owner of a car left unlocked would first get a warning and the door would be locked.

If it was found unlocked again within the next year, the owner would get a citation and $25 fine.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
In that part of PA? heh, good question.

Kidding aside though, the Gubmint can get the #$%#!@% off my @#$%@$ driveway, and I'll get my stuff stolen if that's how I want to roll. :D

rawwrrrr, etc

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Lame. Maybe the police should just do their jobs (ie stopping crime) instead of harassing innocent people.

Oh, no, it's a novel concept-- punishing victims of crime before the crimes happen so they don't have to get off their a$$es and actually catch the criminals. :D Clever.

Bart

That gives thieves a defense in court to justify their actions. "Well, the car wasn't locked, what was I supposed to do?" Another stupid law to protect criminals.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It is sad that the Man has to resort to this, but who's stupid enough to not lock their doors?

Says the man who drives a car with no top.

seriously though, when my jeep doors got stolen they told me that I should not own a jeep they are just too easy to steal from. I said, "so it is my fault that some punks unscrewed my doors and took off with them?" Well in a way yes sir, I have never had the doors stolen off of my (police) cruiser.

wow was all I could respond. I called awhile later to see if there was any news and they had no idea what I was talking about like a report had never been filed. I drove past the police station a few days later and the doors were leaning against the side of the building. I went in and asked if I could have my doors and they were so confused. Someone had just stripped the inside panels and left them leaning against the police station.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
All locking your doors does is keep honest people honest. I never lock my doors in my TJ I feel like it's a whole lot cheaper to replace my cheap stereo than the windows that would get cut up when someone decideds they really want in. Really with a soft top there ain't much keeping people who want in, out.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Oddly enough, and you know how I feel bout "the man", I don't have any problem with it.

It say's "public" areas, so you're probably safe in your driveway. So they'll have cops waking the mall lots checking doors? That I highly doubt. I just see it as yet another law on the books that can't be enforced, but can be used selectively to produce revenue. What I see happening is the crime victim being handed a citation when they admit to the cop their car wasn't locked when it was "broken into".

how ya like these apples? Anyone have an issue with this? :rolleyes:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I don't know anyone who has ever been lucky enough to have a Police officer stop a theft in progress involving their car or house. Just sayin. Even after you call the 911 they'll be minutes away.

It's happened to me when someone tried to steal the stereo outta the honda. Cop was on patrol, saw what was happeining and stopped it. I've also been on the other end when my tires were stolen when I was putting my lift on the Jeep. No one saw anything.

rholbrook

How much time is wasted by the police investigating crimes that could have been avoided if you would just lock your car. I think they are looking at it in a way that it would say the police time and money to not have to deal with it. I can kinda see their point.

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
Slippery Slope

What's next? Ticketing women that not "dressed properly" because they have a higher risk of being molested?

rholbrook

How much time is wasted by the police investigating crimes that could have been avoided if you would just lock your car. I think they are looking at it in a way that it would say the police time and money to not have to deal with it. I can kinda see their point.

Yep, they ought to ticket them all for prostitution because they are all built for it. Some definitely more than others.