HP 60 Question

Caleb

Coreshot said:
And were they used until current? Or was there a period when they weren't used?

actually they were used farther back than that BUT they were closed knuckle so not desireable...I think they have pretty much been used since but after 86 I believe they go to ball joints so they are a little harder to work with (high steer) and aren;t as strong as a king pin...

Caleb

supergper said:
actually they were used farther back than that BUT they were closed knuckle so not desireable...I think they have pretty much been used since but after 86 I believe they go to ball joints so they are a little harder to work with (high steer) and aren;t as strong as a king pin...

I was jsut thinking about it and I think I am wrong...pre 78 I think they were low pinion...

grinch

inner city redneck
Not sure of the exact year but my 60 im building now is pre or early 70 f350.... Its low pinion, has king pins, but knecked down to a 44 shaft and 44 outers..... Its Pritty much worthless in stock form but itleast its a place to start building.

B-RAD

my search for the front hp 60 led my to a 90's f450 good luck in a month of looking turn up 2 poss canidates one was stripped to basicaly housing the guy wanted way to much the 2nd was complete the guy wanted $1600 :eek: and i would have had to still cut retube regear locker hubs and brakes so thats why I end up with what I got.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
B-RAD said:
Why? what are you up to ???????

Nuthin', why???? :ugh:

Actually, I have an offer for my 44 that is more than I'm into it. So, I was thinking about finding a 60 and going that route, but with a 60, I'm thinkin' bigger tires. That means moving the axle even farther forward than it already is, which means coilovers. $$$$$$$$$ Ah hell, Maybe I'll just do the hardened shafts and CTMs and call it good until I actually start breaking stuff.

B-RAD

Oh just wondering. the expense of a front 60 is what kept me away. the junkyard just wouldn't work for my project. coils? hum :rolleyes:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Core,
I know a shop that has been putting HP rear 60s together for reasonable, but I don't know if they build fronts. Are you still looking? ... Ms. Conception Motorsports... contact JR, good guy. I can talk to him if you want...

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Jinx said:
Core,
I know a shop that has been putting HP rear 60s together for reasonable, but I don't know if they build fronts. Are you still looking? ... Ms. Conception Motorsports... contact JR, good guy. I can talk to him if you want...

I think I'm gonna stick with what I have for now. I had a couple fronts lined up, just to build myself, but until I get alot of other stuff done, I'm not going to mess with it. I haven't broken anything on the 44 yet, and that's with stock shafts. Thanks anyway, Nic.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Jinx said:
Core,
:eek: