HPC/Ceramic coating near Draper.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I just got a new stainless steel MBRP turbo back exhaust system for my tow rig.

I have heard that even though its stainless it can still rust within 5 years. People have recommended getting the pipes coated.

Does anyone here work for HPC, or any other coating place?

Do you think this is overkill and the stainless will hold up just fine??

I just dont want to buy it again in 5 years is all.:ugh:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Worked for HPC in the past... good stuff. They are just out in Bluffdale...

HPC Utah
14788 S. Heritagecrest Way
Bluffdale, UT 84065
Phone: 801-501-8303
Fax: 801-501-8315

from www.hpcoatings.com

Bart

I had my last set of headers HPC coated and loved them. Too bad you sprung for the stainless, but I'd still do it. The HPC helps dissapate the heat faster. Just ask Ohms.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Ive had some work done through them, Its mostly been cast iron, But it looks great!

All the silvery stuff has been HPC'd
2172584922_12bfabd204_b.jpg

Meat_

Banned
409 stainless will still rust
304 stainless won't

I got my 409 system cheap enough that I don't really care if it rusts out in 5~7 years.

Last edited:

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Ok, just called and talked to Greg, good guy. He said it is about $22.00 a foot and this is to coat inside and out. I think I am going to have all the pipes done, but not the muffler. The muffler is $120.00 by itself. He said that he highly recommends it due to the heat from diesel engines, and it comes with a lifetime warranty. So if my math is right, my 409 stainless system with HPC is still cheaper than a 304 system.

Thank you for the info.

Meat_

Banned
If your math is right, you bought your exhaust from the wrong place. You gotta have at least 15ft of pipe.... that's $59 less for coating you exhaust than I PAID for my exhaust.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I got a good deal on my exhaust. I got a 4" 409 stainless turbo back, a stainless cat delete pipe, and a 5" 304 stainless turn down tip delivered to my door for $600.00. The 304 stainless system was about 300 higher and MBRP doesnt make a cat delete pipe in 304 stainless.

Plus according to HPC, coating 409 with HPC is better than a non coated 304 stainless pipe. The HPC coating insulates from heat, helps scavenge exhaust gasses out of the pipe, and it keeps the heat in the pipe reducing escaped heat from the down pipe and piping under the cab. So yeah in the long I saved money AND got a better set up. The exhaust system is still in the box so I am just going to drop it off to them and get it back in time to hopefully bolt it all on without laying in the snow.

However I am sure you will have some smart assed "I want a cookie" reply. I never asked you what you paid for your system and I never asked if I "should" have bought a 304 system but thanks for your two cents.

Meat_

Banned
Geez, bite my head off. I guess I won't tell you that I got the same thing including the turndown tip for $459, that you could have too.... And I probably shouldn't comment on the stupidity of saying that coating an exhaust lowers the EGTs because it holds the heat in longer.