HTT report

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
We ended up with 11 rigs total. 5 were with Craig. 4 of those where buggies and one was a ford ranger. The only thing I know is that the ranger was having some issues and tore his rear driveline in half. They ended up in there own group at the back. So no Pictures of videos of them. Maybe they will want to chime in. In our group we had 6 rigs. I ended up breaking a wheel bearing and outer axle shaft after getting stuck. We repaired it and continued on our way. One area Dillian in the TJ needed some guys on a strap but other than that everyone did great making it through the trail until the last obstacle. I was leading our group and so was first. After a coulple of good attempts it took a bad bounce and broke my inner shaft on passenger side. Got the winch out and made it up. Nate gave it some good goes and finally made it up. He was only one in our group besides my friend John in his Datusn. Matt in the Blazer broke a U-joint and ended up losing a piece of his rim during the trail. Not sure how it held air but it got him off the trail. Everyone one else ended up winching up.

Here is a video that I put together with pictures and videos that people sent me.

[video=youtube;Y2gHAVsVSdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gHAVsVSdo[/video]

Omgbecki

I'm Still Surprised I Was Able To Drive My TJ All The Way Back To Ogden After That Trail. I'm Glad I Did It. Wheeling With You Guys Was Awesome. Never Would Have Thought My Jeep Would Make That Trail But With The Spotting At The Right Times And The Right Mix Of Upgrades I Had No Problems. Thanks For Letting Me come Along With You Guys. And Thanks To Matt For offering To Trailer My Jeep Home. Guys Like This Group Is Exactly Why I Stay In This Hobby

kmboren

I'm Still Surprised I Was Able To Drive My TJ All The Way Back To Ogden After That Trail. I'm Glad I Did It. Wheeling With You Guys Was Awesome. Never Would Have Thought My Jeep Would Make That Trail But With The Spotting At The Right Times And The Right Mix Of Upgrades I Had No Problems. Thanks For Letting Me come Along With You Guys. And Thanks To Matt For offering To Trailer My Jeep Home. Guys Like This Group Is Exactly Why I Stay In This Hobby

It was nice to meet you too Dillian. You and your rig handled the trail well. Glad you had a good time. When it cools down come down to Southern Utah and well show you some of the great stuff we have down here.

1tonblazer

Big Ugly Blazer Pilot
Nice video Kevin, I had a great time getting out on the trails again, it has been too long. Dillon it was good to meet you and Misty. Nate is good to meet you and your family too!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Nice video Kevin, I had a great time getting out on the trails again, it has been too long. Dillon it was good to meet you and Misty. Nate is good to meet you and your family too!

It was great to meet you and see your sweet blazer. Hopefully we meet on the trail again sometime.

How about another Xj and some tube. I have a project sitting in my garage right now that I am SLOOOOWLYYY working on.

I'm really going to miss your XJ. I hope you'll be okay with beating on the new rig.

great report and great video. There were some good drivers in that vid.

Yeah and I was there too. ;)

CrawlerCraig

Here are a couple of vids of the water fall!! Not near as good as Kevin's!!!
[video=youtube_share;ULN67EDFDMU]http://youtu.be/ULN67EDFDMU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;KsnYDLxFeds]http://youtu.be/KsnYDLxFeds[/video]

Great vid Kevin! Looks like u guys had some fun!
As for our trip we had a pretty good time!!! We had a broken driveline on the ranger about 3/4 of the way through, we were able just to pull him the rest of the way through the trail, he did hit his body a few times but nothing major! As for the rest of us we had a trouble free good time!!

Awesome trail that could be really tough if a couple of bypasses get washed in or out!!

image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

kmboren

Thanks for chiming in Craig. I was wondering how you guys where doing. Never really saw you guys once we got me fixed. We heard about the driveline from John and never saw you guys but he said you were good. Looks like you had a good time. Glad you could come. Some cool buggies there.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the video. Youtube video editor really makes it easy. Just takes time to do.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I was wondering how you guys did on the waterfall. I figured the buggies would do work

ricsrx

Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for posting up the report. the water fall didnt look that bad until you see a few of the attempts, a definite pucker factor a couple of times!

kmboren

Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for posting up the report. the water fall didnt look that bad until you see a few of the attempts, a definite pucker factor a couple of times!
The videos never do it justice. I pulled up to it and forgot how big it is and am always a little nervous. This was the first time it claimed me. I had always been able to do it in the past, not this time. :mad: You and Hunter would have a great time on that trail.