Hug your loved ones

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well it sounds like she is a very strong person and she has very good support between you, friends and the counseling. Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.

MattL

Wow... this is insane. Super glad that they were not hurt. Hope your wife doesnt have any lasting emotional effects from it.

Your right... don't take your loved ones for granted.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Turns out that each day that goes by, she's more emotional. Counselor visit tomorrow, so we'll see if that helps. The security camera footage was supposed to be available today, but it appears that the recording system got messed up due to a power surge or something. The stress has gotten to me and stored itself in the back of my head/neck... A shit load of pain killers barely knocks it down.. So that sucks. Jacey hasn't made a definate decision to leave that job, wait until they open their new location in Murray and pick-up weekend shifts again, or what. It raises the question of how to shift things and come up with the difference of what her weekend shifts brought in. I'll gladly do what I can to make it work if she decides to never work in a jewelry store again.. Can't blame her.

sixstringsteve

It's crazy how our brains deal with trauma, I'm glad to hear she's going to counseling. You might consider going to counseling as well (I'm serious). If the stress is enough to cause physical pain in your back/neck, it might be worth looking at. I'm a big fan of counseling, but it's not for everyone, and some counselors suck and others are incredible.

I also have a great massage therapist in Alpine if you're ever in need. She's very talented, and rather than just rub lotion all over you, she actually targets the problems and works to eliminate them. My carpal tunnel has gone away after 3 visits to her. I thought I'd have to live with it for the rest of my life. Anyway, best of luck whatever you choose to do.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Update...

Jacey was able to go inside of the Murray Sierra-West store last weekend without incident for the first time since the event.. No nervousness and no armed robbers. This is huge in recovery and dealing with her PTSD. Very proud of her.

Also, we found out that the person responsible for the jewelry heist may already be in jail from a botched robbery just days after the heist at Sierra West. I'm going to call the detective tomorrow and hopefully gather some additional info on that. I'll post up when he tells me.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
She has not had a shift with Sierra-West since the robbery, but has been/is considered outside sales and still on commission if she brings in sales. She's been focussing on the dance studio, and we both really enjoy her not having to work weekend retail. I hate retail especially on weekends. We get to spend a lot more time together now.

Bart

WHOA, how did I miss this the first time around. So sorry to hear and my prayers go out to you and your family. Best wishes and luck with the long recovery.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Thanks for the update Jason! I am glad to hear she is on the way to recovery but remember to take care of you too so you can take care of her. :)