Hump and Bump

MRJ

Just a user
Well, I have let the trail rides go by for a couple of months. We will be attending the Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers annual event in Logandale, NV (about 60 miles north of Vegas). The event takes place November 2nd and 3rd. I am posting a link to the flyer. It is only $60.00 to register and it helps keep trails open in Nevada.

The Logandale trails system is awesome. Mikey and I went down in January this year and were shown a great time by a few members of the VV4W's. There are some photo's on their site to view. The terrain is a lot like Moab. Slick rock and sand is abundant.

For accomodations, the towns of Logandale, and Overton have Motels, and RV parks. You may also camp at the Logandale Trails site.

I am looking forward to this trip.

http://www.vv4w.org/humpnbump.asp

http://www.vv4w.org/docs/2007humpnbumpflyer.pdf

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Last year I had some friends come check out the event and they got a bad vibe when they came through base camp. Maybe they looked a little like trouble, maybe there were some things going on, who knows? Bottom line is they won't be back. Ever... no matter what I told them about how great I think the offroad community is in Las Vegas.

I have never been involved in the organization of the event. I prefer to be a regular paying attendee, dinner eater, and raffle winnin' fool! But I do know just about every 4 wheeler in Vegas.

All this rambling to say this. If you attend the event and something isn't right, come see me and I'll take you to the guys that will make it right. Look for me, the widebody in the black and red Scout.

Later!

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
All this rambling to say this. If you attend the event and something isn't right, come see me and I'll take you to the guys that will make it right. Look for me, the widebody in the black and red Scout.
Later!

Mike gave me a flyer for this. I noticed you have to pass a safety inspection, which my rig would not currently pass (no onboard spare tire and no emergency brake).

Would they really turn me away?

Sumo

I hate to steer you wrong, but what I can say is that I did not see anyone turned away. I had no spare and no e-brake last year, and they looked at my rig, giggled, and slapped a sticker on it. I tend to believe they are more lenient on the hardcore crew (how many buggies have you seen with spare tire racks?)

I have no authority to guarantee that they will "tech pass" your rig, but if they don't, consider the registration money as a good cause, a good dinner, and a few raffle tickets... and my friends and I will show you any of trails in the area (and definitely a few obstacles that won't be on the menu!)

Sumo

Yeah, you must have seen the "after" pictures, seeing how our club photographer wasn't present at the rollover. Here's the spot (different day) and here's the aftermath...

And that's Logandale baby! (Near but not ON the Hump N Bump Hawkins trail) :rofl:

Attachments

• Sumo1.jpg
    Sumo1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 37
  • HPIM0798.jpg
    HPIM0798.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29

Sumo

Thanks JEEPGAL, it was great seeing you and the rest of the vegas regulars again! Junior was large and in-charge! :cool:

MRJ

Just a user
60 miles north of Vegas.

I'm sorry I don not have a trip report. I ended up not taking the Jeep due to some major back issues. The BBQ was great though.