Hump-N-Bump

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Who is planning on going to Hump-N-Bump this year? We are signed up and this is the first year for us and don't know what to expect.... If anyone has been there in the past, can you answer a few questions..... Do you trailer out of the campground to the trail head or drive? If you drive how far on paved roads? (Stickies don't do well on the pavement.) What trails are the good ones to get on?

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Cool... I'm looking forward to it. If there are only a couple of miles of pavement, I don't think I will change tires, I'll just run the stickies. Any suggestions on trails to run?

redneckbronco

With your setup you can run any of the trails. I ran the Schedder trail last year and enoyed it with the way the sammi was set up then it was fun. I dont remember the names of any of the other trails but i think that your set up will run any of them with out to much difficulty.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Haven't missed one in eight years (of course I lived in Vegas four of those years :p ). One warning: be prepared for some spectator time. There's quite a few participants and not too many trails so it takes a while to get everybody through the obstacles. Rock Bottom, Bronco Falls, and the Shedder trail are quintessential Logandale red rock trails. With a small group, you could do all of it in a day.

The best obstacles in the area are at the end of the Rock Bottom trail (not really part of it) and in the quarry area of the shedder trail west of Bronco Falls.

If you don't feel like running on the pavement, I'd suggest talking to your trail guide as there are plenty of places to park your tow rig as you head into the Logandale trail system. Don't forget about the event's vehicle inspection, you'd probably have to take it off the trailer for that. :-\

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Sounds great. The wife wants to take the motorhome, so not looking to trailer to the trails. I have a set of DOT 42's I can put on, but I would need a set of wheels so I don't have dismount and remount tires all the time, besides the sticky's are much more fun.:)

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Almost time! I just rebuilt my transmission so I'm hoping it will hold up. See you guys down there.