hunt was dud but fishing was good.

Houndoc

Spent a bunch of time at Flaming Gorge. Fished with my wife and kids for a couple days before the opening of the deer hunt, then my wife and oldest daughter headed for home.

Jewel big fish.jpg

My wife had the best luck, landing this nice 24 pound fishy!

SAb fish.jpgSierra fish.jpgWes burbot.jpg

The kids all did very well- and enjoyed the warm days.

Drew thurs fish.jpgdrew first trip fish.jpg

No complaints on my part, either.

Beautiful sunset over the lake added to the trip.

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 19
  • sunset by Sierra.jpg
    sunset by Sierra.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Drew and Jewel fishing.jpg
    Drew and Jewel fishing.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 21
  • deer camp.jpg
    deer camp.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 27

Houndoc

Deer hunt- you can see our "camp" in the photo in the pole barn above (great way to stay out of the wind and weather!) was fun but unproductive. Hunted Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Saw more moose and bighorns than buck deer (not counting the ones that live in town.)

Had to return home to work on Wednesday, then it was back up for more fishing Thursday and Friday.

Biggest fish went to my dad, at 30 pounds, followed by friend's 26 pounder. Landed couple others in the teens between us.

James big fish.jpgDad big fish.jpgDad small fish.jpgDrew fish.jpg

DAA

Come to my house in a couple months and see them :D. There are some tall old cottonwoods about 500 yards from my door that bald eagles roost in every winter. For a few months every year I see them almost every day. Sometimes five or six of them at once. On weekends sometimes it gets to be a traffic jam from all the people setting up cameras on tripods to take pictures of them.

But I see quite a few bald eagles all through the year, in lots of places. As often as you get out and as much time as you spend outdoors, I'm shocked you've never seen a bald eagle Steve!

Balds are cool enough, but not nearly as impressive as Golden eagles, imo. I see quite a few of those too.

- DAA

Houndoc

With Fish like that I'd give up looking for deer. ;)

The best years are when have gotten both! Few years back took a decent 2x3 buck in the morning, after lunch caught a released about 25 salmon in an hour, then landed couple 15-18 pound Lake Trout just before dark. Heck of a good day!

The eagle are cool. Over the week saw 3-4 Balds and 2 Goldens. Neat birds to watch.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
After dad and I finished up the deer hunt we find time to catch some fresh fish as well.

fishingDuringTheHunt.jpg