Hunters and Prey

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Wow,
about 30 minutes ago, I heard a cat fight outside my back door, and upon investigating, I found one of my cats going at it with a bobcat about 2 feet from my back door (that was propped open so the cats can come and go). I was very surprised that the bobcat hadn't already bit the head off my cat.

I'm not positive it is the same one, but I shot these photos of the bobcat a few weeks ago.
47b5db39b3127cce91e4a638d33900000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b5db39b3127cce91e4a627521600000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b5db39b3127cce91e4a6ed52dc00000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b5db39b3127cce91e4a62ad32b00000016108AcNmLNszZtm

A few hours prior, the same cat had caught a hummingbird, and I managed to rescue the bird. I'm pretty sure the bird did fly away eventually, but for a while, I had set it up on a post away from my cats.

Of course my comment to the cat, after the bobcat attack was: "Now you know how that little bird feels!" Poor cat was scared (almost) to death!

Now I gotta watch out about letting them outside. Sometimes I leave them out when I am gone for a few hours.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Chiksic said:
Aww we don't get pics of the fight?

no, happened too fast. I was pushing the door open and the bobcat was recoiling from my cat's swipe (again, about 2 feet from the door). I didn't know my cat (Molly) had it in her, but apparantly she was putting up a fight. I yelled at the bobcat and banged the screen door pretty hard, and it started away while my cat cowered near the door. I tossed a couple of rocks towards it, and it kept up a rather liesurely (sp?) pace away from the house. I had no chance at getting my camera.

The funniest part about the whole thing, is one of my other cats came cruising out the door and tackled Molly like Molly was the bad guy. I felt bad for laughing, but it was just too funny.

That cat looks bad ass.

When I was younger I used to have a Maine Coon cat, named Nasty McNarff (I'm serious), who was mean as hell, and very big for a cat, weighed about 20lbs. He got into a fight with a weasel, a bobcat, a Boxer, a person, and some bastard with a shovel. The only fight he ever lost was against the dick with the shovel. He lived, but he got pretty messed up.

Most cats can hold their own when they have to.

Here is a good idea at the size of Maine Coon's:

JS_MaineCoon1.jpg

aspach105.jpg

and my favorite:

Chris_F.jpg