HVAC Question

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
Ok I am replacing the motor for my furnace blower and the replacement motor I was given is a 3 spd. The old one was a 1 spd. I was told it would work. The question I have is: I have 3 wires coming from the main control box that went to the old motor, Red, White and Black. The new motor has Red, Black, Yellow and Blue. Is there a way to hook up this motor or do I have to take it back and tell the desk boy to pull his head out? I assume that the red goes to red and the black to black but is there a way to wire the other two colors to the white wire to make it work.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
If the old one was one speed, it will work fine other than you paid a lot of money for the extra two speeds. I'm assuming you don't have central air?

If you want to get your money back, I have a couple brand new 3/4hp single speeds. Yours for the taking if they'll work for you.

chadbuckner

Thanks but I ended up looking in the phone book for a 24 hr hvac service. I just asked them and they told me to connect the white wire to the yellow one and then cap the blue one. It worked fine. I do have central air. I first had a 1 speed that they gave me but it was the wrong rotation so I took it back and they exchanged it straight across for this 3 spd. so the cost was the same as the 1spd. Thanks for the offer of the motors but its all said and done now. It was a pain in the butt to get it all hooked up and put back in the furnace so I think I'll leave it.

Paul R

I first had a 1 speed that they gave me but it was the wrong rotation so I took it back and they exchanged it straight across for this 3 spd.

With a motor you should just have been able to switch rotation by switching the two legs. I guess unless you ment speed and not direction.

Last edited:

chadbuckner

No the one they gave me was non re-directional, it was counter clockwise only the new 3 spd was re-directional and it had 2 seperate wires that you could switch. Anyways it all worked out.