Hydro Assist?

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
I'm tryin to put my my hydro assist on my toyota with highsteer and I have 5" of travel, I have an 8" ram, does that matter? Do I need to go with a shorter ram to get the full potential out of my steering?

Caleb

Tiny said:
I'm tryin to put my my hydro assist on my toyota with highsteer and I have 5" of travel, I have an 8" ram, does that matter? Do I need to go with a shorter ram to get the full potential out of my steering?

well, with a ram that has too much travel you stand a good risk of sterring through your knuckles...causing damage, with full hydro you can litterally bust your knuckle right off, I dont know if hydro assist is this same way or not. either way I would either A-limit the travel of the ram with spacers (if you can) or B-buy the appropriate ram...I think teh common size to use of Toys is a 6" travel one. Call and talk to the guys at Rocklogic...they will set you straight...

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
That was my plan was to call them I just wanted to see if I could get if figured out tonight, but I guess that I better just have a little patience. But thanx for the advice you made a good point that I hadn't even thought about.

Caleb

Vonski said:
screw being patient, call us tonight... ;)

463-1220

If thats not customer service then I dont know what is :cool:

or Von is in trouble with his woman so he's stuck at the shop :D

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Vonski, my buddy took his measurments further towards the pass. side of the tie rod, so there what less leverage there and I think thats how he got the wrong measurements ;)

Don't think ya care but I just thought I'd let ya know anyways

By the way, thanx again for the 11:30 walk through :cool: