Hydro boost on a yj

COMP4x4

I have an 89 YJ with a 14 bolt rear and dana 60 front. I am running full hydraulic steering too. The brakes are a bit soft and as soon as I drop in a low range I'm sure Ill be in trouble.
I added a bigger master cylinder years ago that has helped.( think it was off of a fullsize pickup?)
I think the Vanco setup is the way to go but am wondering if there is anything else that won't break the bank.
I was reading this thread

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19445)

I was also reading this thread which recommended redrock4x4 but seems there is nothing on their site for brakes.

http://rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=43645&highlight=hydroboost

Thanks

jeepspeedtj

I used a hydro-boost out of a old Suburban back when i built my YJ I had to drill one hole in the fire wall and modify the brake pedal. also i had to have EVCO build the lines. but over all i think i spent just over 80 dollars. Also i had to modify the power steering pump.

Brad J

On my scout I used a 90's Astro master cylinder. 70's caddy proportioning valve, New SII power steering lines. Some $5.00 adapters to make those lines work w/ the pump, A reservoir from a S10 Blazer(front & rear are the closer to the same size). I think I have around $200 into it and it was the best modification I have done. I can dig up the particulars if your interested.

Attachments

• DCP_4992 92 chevy astro hydroboost sm.jpg
    DCP_4992 92 chevy astro hydroboost sm.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DCP_6004sm.jpg
    DCP_6004sm.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DCP_6005sm.jpg
    DCP_6005sm.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 13

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
If I remember right, the chevy hydroboots are all the same. Grab a set up from a newish chevy diesel truck. They are disc, disc and ready to go. Two things you must/really should do, put in a filter and run the return from the boot right to the reservoir. If you tie it into the steering return, your peddal will pulse when you step on it.