Hydroboost

Green Leader

Ok so I had you guys tell me about using a GM master cylinder for a hydroboost. I went and got a GM MC at the junk yard. I need a few questions answered before I hook this thing up.

1. Does anyone know how the hydraulic lines are supposed to go? a diagram?
2. The old MC vacuum lines, am I supposed to plug them off?
3. I don't really have a third question but if there is anything else you think i might need to know please tell me.

Thanks for the help.

Brad J

fjsomething

You do need to plug the old vac line's. The motor will run like crap if not done.

I'm putin hydro boost in my blazer right now but dont have a pic of the lines. Did you get all the lines off the donor truck?

Green Leader

You do need to plug the old vac line's. The motor will run like crap if not done.

I'm putin hydro boost in my blazer right now but dont have a pic of the lines. Did you get all the lines off the donor truck?

i have what i need from the donor i can make whatever hose i need or want. i just need to know the config of hook up.

malcolmzilla

1. Does anyone know how the hydraulic lines are supposed to go? a diagram?

The larger pressure fitting on the h-boost will be from the pump, the smaller pressure fitting will go to the PS box, the low pressure fitting is the return which ideally should go to the pump reservoir directly, but a "T" in the PS return line sometimes works

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
The larger pressure fitting on the h-boost will be from the pump, the smaller pressure fitting will go to the PS box, the low pressure fitting is the return which ideally should go to the pump reservoir directly, but a "T" in the PS return line sometimes works

Right on, but I would never T the return line. You can get a lot of peddel pulse/feedback by doing this. You need the return line to go righ to the res. You may need to braise a nipple on your res if it is stock. I'd also run an inline filter on the return line and a cooler. The cooler is even more important if you have steering assist.

malcolmzilla

Your hoses to the hboost and then on to the PS box will also provide some heat transfer, so if a coolers not readily available you can add one later. I added on out of an 88-98 Chev/GM K truck, easy score at the pick and pull.