I absolutely MUST go 'wheeling Monday evening, Aug 13th--can you come, too?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I just picked up my Jeep last night:

b4align.jpg

This afternoon it is going on the alignment rack. After that, I'll finally mount my shiny new 35" tires and wheels when I get home. That will mean I'm all set for the Hanging Tree Trail run in six days. Prudence requires me to take it out for at least one trial drive first--you know, to make sure everything is working as designed, to uncover any hidden weakness, etc. Assuming something did go wrong, I'd also need time to repair it before heading out to the HTT... which means Monday the 13th is my only opportunity.

I am extremely flexible. I will head up to Mineral Basin, Forest Lake, out to the Snakes, or just about anywhere in the immediate area. Is anyone else available to go with me? (For the love of God, somebody please say yes.)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Think a XJ with a 3" lift and 31's can do Forest lake?

Definitely. Last fall we took a showroom stock '95 Grand Cherokee up there, and he made it with no body damage and never got stuck. (He had to carefully choose his line in some spots, and he did drag his skid plate a few times, but it was no big deal.)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Think a XJ with a 3" lift and 31's can do Forest lake? If so Im down to go

Nah, I wouldn't. Dutchmans' 4Runner on 32s with a busted center diff made it but barely. No way your Jeep will make it.

Kidding, of course :D. I think I could take my Explorer on 29s up there if I didn't mind surfing my skid in a couple spots. You'd have no trouble at all. Dempsey, I wish I could come, but I'll be working. Have fun!

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Since a couple of you have spoken up, I think I'll pencil in a run to Forest Lake. I make this choice for three reasons:

1) This will be an easier run than all the way up Mineral Basin
2) It will take a little less time
3) I haven't been to Forest Lake yet this year :p

workdog and kellerexpress, let's meet at the Chevron at 5:00. Sound good?

Oh, and anybody else want to tag along?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Wish I didn't have to work, I just fixed my drag link enough to wheel but I won't get a chance until Hanging Tree next weekend so I'll see you there.

Has anyone been up there this year?
I was told that its gotten a bit worse/more difficult up there this year.

Oh, and 5 works great! Ill be there a bit early (hate driving in traffic).
See ya there!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Has anyone been up there this year?
I was told that its gotten a bit worse/more difficult up there this year.

Oh, and 5 works great! Ill be there a bit early (hate driving in traffic).
See ya there!

Many folks have been up this year, it's Forest Lake, most stock rigs can easily do the trail.

johnsonbz

I just got a new (to me) LJ also that needs a shake down run....working on leaving work early to meet you all..I may have to play catch-up though. Don't wait.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
working on leaving work early to meet you all..I may have to play catch-up though. Don't wait.

We look forward to having you come with us. I'm sure we'll linger at the Chevron for a bit, and then we'll pause at the Tibble Fork reservoir parking lot to air down, disconnect, etc. In other words, I'm sure you'll catch up to us soon enough.

Good to see iconwill is going to make it. Also, a neighbor of mine (screen name dash, though he rarely posts on here) spoke to me yesterday and said he'll come with us in his XJ, too.