I am back from surgery...

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Just an FYI:

I had my lower body lift done on Monday. I got home last night and today I was able to walk on my own. I cant stand up completely yet, and I get tired really fast, but I am alive. They removed 12 pounds of excess skin.

I am now 174 pounds lighter (162 on my own, 12 from surgery).

I feel like hell, and I can barely breath. I am taking 20 mg of lortab every 4 hours just to numb the pain a little. It is absolutely the most pain I have ever been in.

I have a scar that goes all the way around my waist just below the belt line, and another from my sternum to my waist. It looks gnarly. Thank you to the people who emailed me and called me to wish me well. I appreciate everyone and their support through my diet and weight loss all the way up to my decision to have surgery. It means a lot.

I have 1 more surgery left that will be done Jan of 2010. I also want to lose another 10 pounds.

I am a little cross eyed from the drugs so I hpe the post makes sense.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
You've done a hell of a job, man. I hope you recover quickly and don't have to grit it out too much longer! That's a lot of wound!!!

you did pretty good typing there, 94pts. :D

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Thanks all. I could really use a beer right now. I am doing well. I am up and walking around. I even went out to breakfast and did a little grocery shopping yesterday. I am doing my best to only take the pain meds when needed. Right now it is 1 pill about every 5 hours. Which is great progress from 2 pills every couple hours just a few days ago.

I will check back again in a few days. I have been reading and trying to keep my mind on future goals. I am getting spring fever and I need to get out and get some dirt in my eyes.

I have even been thinking about drawing up plans for a future rig. I keep coming up with ideas in my head that I think would work great. I need to start writing this stuff down instead of just blowing it off. I saw a hybrid 14bolt-60 front axle the other day and I thought that was slick. Then I got thinking about how cool it would be to have matching 14 bolt axles front and rear, with matching equal length drivelines, etc. Just to cut down on carrying spares shafts, joints, etc.

Sorry I am bored and just thinking out loud.

Thanks again and take care everyone.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Wow, this is freaking awesome!! I checked out your blog and am very proud you did this. I don't even know you but have a lot of respect for you bro!! Your diet is pretty much how I eat daily, but only 3 times a day. I have the same thing for breakfast every morning, a bowl of Quaker Life or Oatmeal, a banana, and a yogurt. Lunch is usually a bowl of lower sodium soup or a salad. And dinner is chicken or fish with a small amount of pasta/potato and a salad/broccoli/other green vegetable. I rarely add salt to anything. I'm 6'1" and fluctuate between 184-195 between summer and winter. I'm not overweight, but diabetes runs in my dad's family and I don't want to ever have to worry about that. I also can't work out much due to some nerve damage in my left hand and a fused L1 vertebrae from when I was hurt in the Army. I do like to swim though and hike with my dog when the air pollution is down. Your whole world is going to change, just keep up the good work and doing what you know works!!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
You have come a long ass way! :) Congrats and I am glad your recovery is getting better everyday. Dont push yourself though. :)