I bought a new expedition rig. Welcome the G500

spencevans

Overlander
Oh, I'm out there... :freak:

I'm pretty sure I got the cover from Camping Lab - http://www.campinglab.com

They were left-over new-old stock and IIRC, there were only a few left... and that was a few years ago. IMHO you'll be luck to find a cover in stock for a 1st Gen Mombasa. :(

Its not a big deal, I have a guy that can do it for pretty cheap. He makes covers for boats, so making a cover for a tend should not be a big deal. It will probably be cheaper to have him make me one anyway. Now I just have to decide if I want gray or black. I am leaning toward black.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Its not a big deal, I have a guy that can do it for pretty cheap. He makes covers for boats, so making a cover for a tend should not be a big deal. It will probably be cheaper to have him make me one anyway. Now I just have to decide if I want gray or black. I am leaning toward black.

Good deal, I was going to suggest that. It's probably best to have a custom cover made, especially with the way the upgraded ladder fits in there.

spencevans

Overlander
Aren't those Entdecker trucks like $130,000?

They are going for a bit more than that, a new 2013 G Wagen at the dealer with out any mods is $140,000. As of 2009 the Entdecker was selling for $200,000. I would bet they are closer to $250,000 these days because they come with the larger Blutech engine. I am going to do my own take on the Entdecker on a budget, but some things you can't go cheap on like the Hutchinson beadlocks.

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
If this is your first Merc. I suggest the following if you are going to drive it home. Get a crank position sensor as a spare and always carry it. I used to work for a Mercedes dealership. That was the most common reason people were left stranded in a Mercedes.

I've owned 2. great cars. My first one was an 1985 300TE. It has 256K miles on it before some dumbass ran a light and i T-Boned him. I still miss that car.

spencevans

Overlander
If this is your first Merc. I suggest the following if you are going to drive it home. Get a crank position sensor as a spare and always carry it. I used to work for a Mercedes dealership. That was the most common reason people were left stranded in a Mercedes.

I've owned 2. great cars. My first one was an 1985 300TE. It has 256K miles on it before some dumbass ran a light and i T-Boned him. I still miss that car.

I will have to check into it. I have AAA but it always best not to call the tow truck.