I could kill the engineer who...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... designed GM's rear shackle mount rivet deal. Those bastards sure do their job!! I ground the heads off them all, and still had to pound like hell to pry the mount off.

Anyone else wants to do this, do yourself a favor and drop the tank, grind them off from INSIDE. Won't be much easier, but the heads are smaller, and you only have to beat them through the frame, not the frame AND the bracket.

and if anyone's wondering, well damnit they have to come off for the f'ing shackle flip, mmkay?! good

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
when we did hammys blazer we where done with the rear in an hour and a half. we burned, we didnt grind.:p the biggest problem we had was the steering arm. i think i called you for advice on that one.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
LOL

what did I tell you? Because the link is stuck in mine, and I need it OUT. I probably said "Get a BFH, and hit with your purse." That's what I'm going to do in the morning. :D

A torch would definitely have helped. :mad: NOT FUN!!! Still have the other side to do in the morning too. :D My neighbors will likely MURDER me after this. :D

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
those damned cone washers are a *****. lots of heat. we got it by heating up the arm, washers and studs with the torch. then with a spray bottle we squirted just the studs and cones(as close as we could get to just the studs and cones) with water and they just sort of popped out. then we still had to beat the shite out of it to get the arm off the studs.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
those damned cone washers are a *****. lots of heat. we got it by heating up the arm, washers and studs with the torch. then with a spray bottle we squirted just the studs and cones(as close as we could get to just the studs and cones) with water and they just sort of popped out. then we still had to beat the shite out of it to get the arm off the studs.

aaaaahhh yeah, I remember now.

On mine, the old draglink end is holding firm. I'm either going to break the arm in half tomorrow, or get that (&!*#$!@# thing out. I have a shiny new one poised expectantly and hanging from the steering box already. :rofl:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Ford does the same thing with their TTB front suspensions...torch, hammer, air chisel...the works. I did my original lift on my exploder about ten years ago in a truck stop mechanic shop with all the super duper tools I could handle...it was nice with the right tools.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Yawll know this thread if from 08 right?
Uh?
dunno.gif