I did a thing

Oscar da Grouch

That F-N-G
So I did a hard thing and I guess change is the new norm for us. Between moving to Utah and having more kids more things for us are new than old.

It took alot of talking myslef into this. Couple years worth actually and the gist of it is this just makes more sense now. I have a ton of great memories with the Jeep.
Life long friends I would have never made without it. But with a 2nd kid due shortly (couple weeks) more doors and more utility took precedence.

It took me realizing that it's more important to make memories than to hold onto them. This change represents a chance for me to build a new rig with my young family in something we can all be comfortable in. Car seats and 2 doors don't equal comfortable. Plus they made me a deal I couldn't turn down.
Half the fun is building the rig I had lost that fun with the Jeep. Now my kids get to help me with this one. The Jeep hadn't had any real mods for 2 years and with the need of car seats it wasn't used much.
Before you pick on me realize I still have more lockers than a lot of you. :cody::rofl:

TBCkNzA.jpg

ZyTy6J1.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That Taco won't ever be a Wrangler, but it brings it's own bonuses to the table. A couple judicious upgrades and that truck will get you and the fam 99.98% of the places you can legally take a rig in Utah.

Oscar da Grouch

That F-N-G
Nice truck! Call @cruiseroutfit at Cruiser Outfitters for all your Toyota parts and mods.
Kurt and me have talked taco suspension a bunch he already knows hes on the hook to help me with it.

I absolutely love that color! Too bad they don’t offer that (or the cement grey) for a Highlander. If they did my wife would not have a choice when we get her one.
I was initially looking at a Sand one but this one called to me

That Taco won't ever be a Wrangler, but it brings it's own bonuses to the table. A couple judicious upgrades and that truck will get you and the fam 99.98% of the places you can legally take a rig in Utah.
Yeah I have no disillusion that it would ever do what my rubicon did but lately especially with the babies I haven't done that kind of wheeling anyway. But I agree some good suspension, skids and sliders it will probably go everywhere I want to for awhile until the gladiator is out awhile.

I'd say that's a rather interesting generalization from a newly minted forum member. I particularly like the part where you judge the entire forum, while telling us not to judge you.

Anyway, I like the color.

Fun thing the kids are doing these days.... its called a joke. You can tell by the laughy emoji. Internet is hard I get it.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think I saw the same color as yours on a Tundra the other day. It was a damn good looking truck. Very similar color to my grandpa's old 68 F-250. I think that color was called Harbor Blue.

Oscar da Grouch

That F-N-G
I think I saw the same color as yours on a Tundra the other day. It was a damn good looking truck. Very similar color to my grandpa's old 68 F-250. I think that color was called Harbor Blue.
Yeah the tundras has it too. This is called Calvary Blue. It is very similar to that blue. I like the no pearl paints that everyone is putting out these days.