I finally got a Tow Rig/DD...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I haven't checked MPG yet, but I'd guess in it current condition, its about 10.... It need's a tune-up in a bad way. The guy I bought it from said 12-13, if it were running better & about 9-10, towing, so your numbers are right on.

I would have preferred the manual too, but this had the TH400... much better than a 700R4 in these year trucks and since you don't use OD to Tow, I figured I was good to buy mine.

What's blue book on the one you're looking at? The miles sound great, but for that price, you should be able to find a Reg. Cab '96 with the Vortech engine, if you look hard enough.

Mine was cheap.... like, $2,600 cheap, but it does have 180k on it & needs some minor repairs (Tuneup, Shocks, etc).

Bones

BB on a bar bones 94 4x4 I saw is around $8500 retail (that seems high to me). They are neg. on this price so he told me. I called on it cuz I could have sworn it was a manual tranny.:mad: Forgot to add that it's in on consignment....not a good sign IMO. I bet the maintenance was sub-par.

I could trade my 96 2WD taco w/58K in on it and be right in the same boat as I am now, just ****ty mpg compared to the taco

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
$8,500 for a '94!! :eek:

I found a '98 1/2 Ton, 4x4, Ext Cab with 90k on it for $8.5k!! Just keep looking, I found so many deal it was driving my crazy. Another deal I found was a '00 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4, Reg cab, Longbed with the 6.0.... $5,999!!!! It sold the day before I called on it, :( .

The gas mileage does suck... I used to hop in my Supra and drive anywhere without thinking about it. Now I really have to watch my miles... filling up a 36 gallon tank gets pretty frickin' spendy when you're paying $1.80 a gallon. The first time I ran it dry & filled it up, I thought I was going to have to apply for a line of credit and finance my damn gasoline!! :eek:

If you can, save your pennies and find a older, inexpensive PowerStroke to Cummins. That's what I'll be looking for in a few years.

Bones

8500 i sblue book. They are asking 6500-7 for it. $5500 would take it home I bet.

I want a 98~ cummins with a manual. Can't find any of that vintage around to drive. Texas has a lot it seems. Once I've got the go ahead and the $$ I may just contact a few places there and hopa one way plane ticket to Dallas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2433474581&category=31831

Double the money, but IMO it's more than double the truck.

Last edited: