I got my New Suspension Setup!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Well... I have talked to a lot of you about this asking a lot of questions because it is kind of a questionable setup.

Caleb, AKA Supergper had it on his YJ until he went SOA. I am actually using his old lift.

It is a Skyjacker 6" Monolinear kit. It is not a pack of 4 or 5 springs, it is just 1 single leaf that provides 6".

The reason I postponed putting it on for so long is, I was afraid of breaking a leaf and then basically being screwed. A lot of people are against it, just because it is one spring and could be a very unsafe lift.

The main reason I decided to do it is that I am probably going to turn in my mission papers in about 2 weeks to a month (maybe longer because I need surgery on my shoulder.) I am not planning on going extremely hard-core for a while. My mom is going to use it for her daily driver in the winter because she drives a little sports car. I was also very sick of how rough of a ride my Jeep was. The ride was so bad that people sitting in the back seat, if they did not have their seatbelt on they would bounce up and down off of the rear seat.

When I get back from my mission I am planning on doing a Spring-Over. Not sure how big I want it. Still deciding if I want to run 37's or 35's, but I've got 2 years to figure that out!

So, I tried putting it on this last weekend, but I had all the problems with six states and the wrong u-bolts, which got sorted out today and I finished it today. I got all the bolts torqued down, and took it for a test drive.

It rides a lot smoother than my 4" suspension lift. It actually glides over bumps not bouncing over them. I was suprised how much more room I have now between my bald 33's and the fenders. I can now easily fit 35's. I am hopefully going to do that within the next couple of weeks.

I don't dare take it for an off-road test yet, because I haven't got the extended brake lines I need for it. My rear driveshaft has a little bit of vibrations now, I don't want to go back to shims, so, I need to figure out something with that.

Thanks Caleb for the suspension!

Paul R

tweakeyjeep said:
It is a Skyjacker 6" Monolinear kit. It is not a pack of 4 or 5 springs, it is just 1 single leaf that provides 6".

so, a monolinear setup..........is, one leaf? :eek:

Caleb

stripeshirtman said:
so, a monolinear setup..........is, one leaf? :eek:

yep, a single leaf...the theory behind it is there is no friction between leaves like in a traditional leaf spring...