I gots seats

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Finally picked up some nice seats.
XJ seats are okay I guess but for serious crawling there is nothing like these puppys!
Harness are sitting on the tool box ready to go in also.

Very pleased

uploadfromtaptalk1391304637471.jpg

sent via morse code

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I have a set similar to these (not as nice) in my zuk about 15 years ago. I daily drove that for a long time and it was ok. On long drives it would suck.

sent via morse code

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Well they look great! Are they any harder to slide in and out of with the bolstered sides?

Oh hell yeah and to add to the complication I carry a .40 cal Glock and a Leatherman.
Once I'm in it's great.

I didn't show it but I also bought a smaller Grant steering wheel which makes it a tad better.

Let me give my reasoning behind my happiness.

I used to HATE Hells Revenge in Moab. Not because it was a bad trail with no obstacles etc but because it was SO freakin long and bouncy side to side bouncy. Typically by about the half way point I was SO damn tired of trying to hold myself in the seat I was pissed off. My shoulder hurt I had a headache all that.

Last trip down was on Thanksgiving, I had the driver's seat in for that trip. The entire trail was actually enjoyable.
I mean like I would have been happy to run it backwards as well kind of enjoyable.

One of the best mods I've ever done I'm my opinion.

sent via morse code

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Good seats are great. If you hated Hell's with stock seats, you might look into better shocks also. Those two things made a world of difference to me especially on super boring bumpy stuff like the first 2/3rds of Kane Creek.

Toad

I have the Baja RS in my cj. Love the seats so much I have thought about installing some in the crew cab. I figure if I can spend all day wheeling in the things I would love them running down the highway.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Good seats are great. If you hated Hell's with stock seats, you might look into better shocks also. Those two things made a world of difference to me especially on super boring bumpy stuff like the first 2/3rds of Kane Creek.

I've got good shocks. It's my attitude that goes soft.

I mean I like the trail bit it seems we run it EVERY time we go and I'm just tired of it but, it's a good trail to take newbies on so there we are.

sent via morse code

airmanwilliams

NICE! I am just waiting for Lowrangeoffroad to finish powdercoating their sidekick Corbeau seat adapters then I will get some for the sidekick, I cant stand feeling the springs and with making tube doors I want to feel like I am staying in the seat and wont slide around.