I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Funny story... I had a pair of Flowmaster copies (FlowMonster by Holley) that cost $40/ea. They had maybe 20 miles on them, but I didn't care for the sound so they got removed.

Decided to list them for $80 (new cost) and I figured I'd be happy with $60 or so. Right off the bat I get 3 offers for $40 and the offers are simply the price they want to pay, no additional words, questions, or logic why they would only pay 50% of the price, etc. Kinda rude IMO.

So to give myself a little more negotiating room, I change the price to $100. Get a full price offer right away... make the deal and plan the pickup. Guy hands over a crisp $100 bill and was happy to get the mufflers! 😆

Anyone could have looked up the price just by searching the ad title. 🤷‍♂️

I usually try to price my items fairly, but hate the lowballer mentality (as this thread reinforces). I don't like that I need to price items higher than I normally would just to prempt the lowballers.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had a guy hit me with a $6k cash offer for the CJ. I just said thanks, but no thanks. He then can't resist the urge to tell me how overpriced it is because it leaks oil and doesn't have overdrive.

I mean, maybe it's overpriced, but site unseen how does he know? I then told him if he needed a 44 year old, lifted, locked freeway cruiser that he could swap a TH350 into it, and like opinions, they are cheap and everywhere.

I did notice that the picture does look like it leaks oil. It doesn't, but it's parked over where I had just changed the oil in my truck and accidentally made a mess.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I had a guy hit me with a $6k cash offer for the CJ. I just said thanks, but no thanks. He then can't resist the urge to tell me how overpriced it is because it leaks oil and doesn't have overdrive.

I mean, maybe it's overpriced, but site unseen how does he know? I then told him if he needed a 44 year old, lifted, locked freeway cruiser that he could swap a TH350 into it, and like opinions, they are cheap and everywhere.

I did notice that the picture does look like it leaks oil. It doesn't, but it's parked over where I had just changed the oil in my truck and accidentally made a mess.
The urge for people to tell you why what your selling isn't worth the price your asking drives me nuts. A number of years ago I was selling a few old MacBook Airs I had. I don't remember how much I had them listed for, but the price was reasonable (seeing as I did sell them). Oh my god, the number of texts that I got from people who weren't even seemingly interested in them, but just wanted to tell me what an asshole I was for selling them at that price! And since I had two listings, I got the SAME people messaging me the same asinine shit twice. Mind blowing.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If any of you are looking for flatfender parts or you know this guy, don’t bother doing any business with him. He sold this flatty grille right out from under me when he knew I was on my way and driving 70 miles to get it. He didn’t tell me it was sold until I was already in town at the agreed upon time.

IMG_7471.jpegIMG_7472.jpeg

STAG

On my grind
If any of you are looking for flatfender parts or you know this guy, don’t bother doing any business with him. He sold this flatty grille right out from under me when he knew I was on my way and driving 70 miles to get it. He didn’t tell me it was sold until I was already in town at the agreed upon time.

View attachment 172093View attachment 172094
72633A74-0F4B-46CA-8F6C-AEB658A8987A.png