I love new toys!

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
I got a 91 Kawasaki KLR 600 today.. Sad just of surgery I can't drive it but having seen how much fun other Rme members were having with their bikes I had to give it a try.. It is in good shape and I cant wait to take some trips on it!:D

Attachments

• kaw.jpg
    kaw.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 17

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Congrats! Dual sports are so much fun, be careful, you just might really like this kind of stuff.

My personal opinion of the KLR is pretty poor, I had a '98 and rode it for a couple months before I figured it wasn't the bike for me. The KLR is the perfect ride for Adventure riding, but IMO they suck in the dirt, they're not that great on the freeway and do most everything marginally well.

There are better bikes out there, but the KLR is a good beginning bike since it comes factory with a large fuel tank and is capable of dirt & road riding. I would imagine yours was cheap, so that's always a plus. I think I paid $1400 for my green one.

Here's my KLR experience- http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=47728

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Congrats! Dual sports are so much fun, be careful, you just might really like this kind of stuff.

My personal opinion of the KLR is pretty poor, I had a '98 and rode it for a couple months before I figured it wasn't the bike for me. The KLR is the perfect ride for Adventure riding, but IMO they suck in the dirt, they're not that great on the freeway and do most everything marginally well.

There are better bikes out there, but the KLR is a good beginning bike since it comes factory with a large fuel tank and is capable of dirt & road riding. I would imagine yours was cheap, so that's always a plus. I think I paid $1400 for my green one.

Here's my KLR experience- http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=47728
I only paid $400 for the bike a nice coat and a nice helmet.. figured it was a cheap way to try it out.. when I set out this morning I had no intention on buying a bike but it kinda fell in my lap!

A few friends told me my crawler is going to become a dust pile once I take this out! :cool: