I love utah hwy patrol

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I'm sorry to hear that your family got hurt. I can totally understand holding a grudge for something like that. I hold a grudge against drunk drivers for the same reason. I speed because it saves me a lot more than 2 minutes. I go from SLC to Orem back to SLC daily. Going 60 my commute takes over an hour. Going an average of 80 cuts my commute down to 30-40 min. Which comes to a total of 60-80 minutes per day. And those minutes are valuable to me. Now I know speeding is dangerous and it's easy to lose control of a vehicle, but it also depends on the vehicle. When I was driving my XJ I wouldn't feel totally safe or in control if I went above 75. Now that I have a new little Scion XA, I feel safe and in control up until about 90-95mph. I think if a person chooses to speed they should be responsible about it. I always slow down if there's bad weather or traffic. *shrug* it's a personal choice I suppose

offroaddave

It's just one term!
anyways, this was about the UHP and what a good job they do.
I was not passing cars that were doing 65.
i was passing a semi in the passing lane who was probely goin 75 or so.
had i have been a jerk im sure i would be cussin about a ticket here.
but never getting a break before i thought it was cool :cool:
and its the least i can do to slow down.( a little )

utahxjer

Chiksic said:
I was doing 90-100 in a 65 in Lehi today and I saw a cop pointing the radar gun at me, but he never followed me.... Or if he did he couldn't catch up. :rofl: Either way I'm happy. I from SLC to Orem and back about 5 times a week and I at least go 80 the whole way

-_-

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
harkinoff said:
I did make from Wright to Gillette in 12 minutes though if that is what you call steady...

According to MapQuest Wright to Gillette is 39.35 miles. If you were able to do that in 12 minutes that is 197mph average :eek:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I got nailed by WVC for doing 67 in a 50 (Bangerter Hwy), with expired tags. The motor cop comes up and asks me if my plates were still out of date, I say yes. He comes back and says " I'll make you a deal, the speeding ticket will run you about $300, but if your kids (they were with me) will promise to make you slow down, I'll just give you the $40 expired registration ticket."

So, sometimes it's a good thing to drive on expired tags... :eek: :D

footin fool

I dont feel above the law and I hope that I never hurt any body. I got pulled over on the old bullet bike on 215 in front of the E Center doing some where between 155 and 165. Pretty stupied I know, I was in a bad mood and got on the bike. I knew I shouldn't have but I did. Anyways the nice officer let me go with just a verbal. He didn't know how fast I was going just that he was doing 70 and he thought he was stoped when I went by. I dont have the bike anymore. I like the speed to much.

footin fool

utahxjer said:
sounds like that was a good move

Its been 5 years since I have had the bike and haven't been back on one. I wont to but wont. I am just glad the officer was as cool as he was. He could have and probably should have taken me to jail for that one.