I need a derby car

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Anybody have an old bomber that they are looking to part with? I need something large and solid. The cheeper the better, obviously the condition need not be the best, must be running, or minor work only. I need to find something as soon as possible. What ya got, or what have you seen hideing in somebodys yard?

Nate R

It's derby season!
What derby are you planing on running? I might be able to help you find something. Question is how good of a car do you want? How much do you want to spend. The good ones aren't cheap. I have a couple pre-ran cars, but depending on rules *might* not be so legal.

Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Summit county - coalville. I've been talking about it for a few years now, and thinking this might be the year. I figured I would be paying for a good one, havent really figured out what price to expect yet. what ya got, what derby's have you been in?

Nate R

It's derby season!
Ahh! Coalville that's a good show, so is Kamas. Let me check on rules. I have a 1962 Ford T-Bird with a small block Chevy in it. Pre-ran, but still square. the only problem is it has the piss welded out of it, so may not be legal. I have ran nearly every show from Malad Id. to St. George at least once. But with all the time and money it takes to get a car ready, and be competitive, I don't venture to far from Salt Lake anymore. I do run the West Jordan Derby tho (My dad puts it on) so I like to run that one, and not feel bad about ruining a $1000 car. They have a stock class heat that might be more up your alley. Less work and will help you get a feel for the sport (can you even call it a sport :ugh: ). If I get a chance I'll go take a look at my inventory, oh ya I said inventory, and see what I can part with in unbuilt stuff.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
[ oh ya I said inventory, .[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sweet, let me know.................................................