I need a new compressor ... Who runs what?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'll defitetly look into the HD deals and probably harbor freight. they scare me though. it's HF. I didn't know about the cast iron being quieter. I was looking into the smaller crafsman compressers but I am kinda irritated with them. Is it true that most compressers run the same pumps just there name on em? Like they ALL ran YORK or something and put there motor to drive it and called it theres?

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I did notice that the Ingersol Rands at Harbor Frieght had a side by side compressor, whereas most are a 'V' design.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Skye to get a good 220 your talking 600-900 Dollars.

My brother purchased 2 sheets of plywood, two rolls of insulation. One plug in, he built the box in the garage in the corner, its not outside the garage. Youd be looking at spening 25 bucks or so. Maybe 30, scrounge around and throw it together with some screws and 2x4's its a tiny box just large enough to squat in.

Your crazy if you think its the cost of a new compressor is betta!

Throw it together rebuilr the compressor save your sellf 500 and change!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I just got a husky 220 single stage for 399$ wanted the two stage but it was 799. so we will run this till it dies. At least it is quieter. Anyone know how to run a seperate braker for me :) mine is rated to high cuz it's for my welder :)

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
your talking an oiless one right? you prolly woul dstill be off good making a box for it :p

kb7sei

Originally posted by Skyetone
I just got a husky 220 single stage for 399$ wanted the two stage but it was 799. so we will run this till it dies. At least it is quieter. Anyone know how to run a seperate braker for me :) mine is rated to high cuz it's for my welder :)

You're ok running it on the higher rated circuit so long as the wire is rated for the size of the breaker. If you really want a new circuit for it, it's not hard to do.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
hey toy73 you know the #s you just don't love me anymore :( I will decide soon on the old compresser. the new one is kinda noisy like a car at idle with a hole in the exaust but it still isn't like the craftman V-8 with open headers at 3k rpm :)