i need help with a zj lift

jubbhill

I have a 94 zj i wanna lift i want to fit 33's or 35's im willing to cut it up a bit i got a good enough deal on the truck so i dont mind much i just want to lift it as cheap as i can for now anyone have any ideas

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Welllllll, how cheap is cheap?

The least expensive you could do is a front to rear swap. Stock front springs to the back, and some new 3.5" springs for the front. You would probably want at least some new lower control arms, shocks, and disconnects and if you trim enough you can fit 33's like that.

If you want the most bang for your buck, I would go 4.5" all around with RE adjustable short arms for all 8 arms and some 33's. Once you go over 4.5 and/or 33" tires you start to open up a can of worms that is much more expensive to deal with.

try www.nagca.com/forum for lots of grand cherokee specific info.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
As for cheap, if you watch the ads here and elsewhere, or have great friends (thanks!), you can get parts for cheap. Personally, I've said ever since I bought this ZJ, 2" of lift and 31s or 32s was all the bigger I intend to go. Add some sliders and improve on the existing skidplates and thats all I need. (I have to keep convincing myself this too)

Case in point. My own 95 ZJ. I got a pair of front lower arms, front uppers, and 2" coil spacers, all free or real cheap. I bought all new bushings and sleeves as needed for the arms. And hope to get the whole lift in either this weekend or next. I also got a Lockright for the front axle for cheap that I just haven't quite convinced myself to put in before snow flies.

I could have gone with new or slightly used lift coils for the front and do the front to rear swap, but got the spacers instead. They should hold up well for what wheeling I do and intend to do. 2" will do nicely.

And if I do ugrade later, I'll pass along the parts just like buddies did for me...;)

Last edited:

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I would start with a Front to Rear spring swap, it is probably the cheapest option like cody said. I am still running that set up currently with about 3.5" of lift and 33's with a lot of trimming and hammering. I just recently moved to a rear tri-4 link with long arms. The F>R is doing perfect for me and takes me where i want to go for the most part.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I found a set of front springs today while I was looking for some other parts. They should be pretty close to 3.5-4" based on standing them next to my RE 4.5" coils. PM me if interested.