I need new seats!

03rubicon

It's time that I upgrade to a nice pair of suspension seats. I'm in the process of deciding what ones to go with. I was just wondering if there is a good place or places that I would be able to see a few different seats in person. I don't really want to just by a set of seats based on pictures alone. Thanks

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Teraflex has a bunch of the different Corbeaus (local company! woot)

Summit Machine may still have the pricey but VERY sweet Twisted Stitch seats..

Ben Hanks has some PRP's I *think*

Rocklogic might have something

4Wheel Parts has some Besttops? if I remember right.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
If you're ever up in Orem give me a ring, you can give my PRPs a test sit... they're comfy ;)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm very happy with my Corbeau Baja Ultras... very comfortable after a long day on the trail. They are one-piece though, so they don't recline, if that makes a difference to you. Got them from the guys at TeraPlus. They do have a display of about 6-7 different seats that you can sit in and test out.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Check them out at Teraflex. Everytime I take my 2 and 3 years old girls in there they run right to them. They seem to like the red one best, which ever one that is!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The red one is a CR1. :)

I actually don't like that one, it doesn't fit my body type at all....other choices are much better FOR ME. That's one big reason to test-sit any type of seat, to make sure you'll like it long-term.

MRJ

Just a user
I loved my Mastercraft Rubicon seats that were in my TJ for about two years.

I have yet to use the new Twisted Stitch seats but they are damn good looking.:D

They have a ton of options and a few styles. That really determines the price. They are made in the USA (yeah baby). They are very high quality and easy to get custom work done.

I have the Pro seat and the Apex seat here if you want ot see them.

The Corbeau seats will be cheeper but that what you get when you mass produce the same seat in China.

Caleb

PRP and don't look back.
What he said!

I bought some Corbeaus the second time around for the same reason Bart did (they were quite a bit cheaper) and I regretted it. I ended up selling them and going with some stock TJ seats. ;)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What he said!

I bought some Corbeaus the second time around for the same reason Bart did (they were quite a bit cheaper) and I regretted it. I ended up selling them and going with some stock TJ seats. ;)

Which model Corbeau did you get?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know about the Baja SS seat, but the Corbeau Ultras that we have are great. Catherine & I have talked about how they were the best purchase we made for the TJ. They are the perfect fit for our bodies and we feel good after a long day on the trail, which is a first.

Caleb

I don't know about the Baja SS seat, but the Corbeau Ultras that we have are great. Catherine & I have talked about how they were the best purchase we made for the TJ. They are the perfect fit for our bodies and we feel good after a long day on the trail, which is a first.
My seats were comfortable, I just don't think the quality was anything near what my PRPs were.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm a huge fan of getting as much quality as you can for the money... The PRP's are very nice for the money, but the Corbeau's looked damn fine as well, once I saw them.

What exactly are the qualitative differences between the two??

Caleb

I'm a huge fan of getting as much quality as you can for the money... The PRP's are very nice for the money, but the Corbeau's looked damn fine as well, once I saw them.

What exactly are the qualitative differences between the two??
Material, stitching, and the overall feel of the seat. I'm not saying Corbeaus are a bad seat, just my money will be better spent on PRPs next time ;) Having Corbeau local was nice though, I ordered my seats form a vendor on PBB but was able to save shipping costs by going to their factory and picking them up.