I need to break into a first-gen Tundra.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Brother got to his fiance before I could, and now I've got no chance of tricking her out of the truck keys at their wedding reception. Which means I need to break into the thing. Without hurting it. It's a camping wedding so I need to come prepared.

What do the door locks look like, are they a knob that lifts or a lever next to the latch or what?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
This is what I was issued for lockouts when I was the po-lice. Cheaper versions out there. For vehicles with fully framed doors the little wedge, air bladder and something long to poke the door lock button is all you need. Some cars disable the lock switch inside once the cars been locked with the key FOB but I don't believe Toyotas do. Get a little air bladder and the wedge and something long to poke the switch you'll be in the car in less than a min. The linked one, the long bar is pliable to help you get the right bend also glows in the dark for the night operations, has a protective film on it to keep from scratching the car up.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Depending on the Tundra, it may have an alarm that will sound (horn) if the unlock button is hit on the inside while the doors are locked if they were locked with a fob. So even if you get in, it won't be stealth.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped

Kevin B.

Home depot has air bladders if you need one...

This worked perfectly. And the alarm didn't go off.

signal-2023-07-24-160331_007.jpeg

signal-2023-07-24-160331_006.jpeg

Wil told us all several weeks ago that "Michelle says the truck is off limits". Well that's just like waving a red flag in front of a bull, he knows better than that.

signal-2023-07-24-160331_008.jpegsignal-2023-07-24-160331_004.jpeg

The wedding had a tropical theme, and we stuck with that. Covered the outside with stickers (on magnets), strung pineapple garland, headlight eyelashes and a dead sexy set of lips, scribbled all over the poor thing with window paint of course. I didn't get any pics of the inside because we were in a rush to make it down to the formal dinner, but we threw pineapple confetti everywhere (glitter bombs were ruled out at the last minute, and he should be grateful), hid a couple prank cricket speakers attached to bottles Smirnoff Ice (they play a game where they hide bottles of warm Ice and if you find one you have to drink it on the spot, so when they track down the cricket speakers they'll get "Iced" :rofl:), and snuck a couple pickle-scented air fresheners into the air vents. There's zip ties on the driveshaft, a harmonica zip tied above the crossmember that I really hope will make a fun noise on the freeway, and a black balloon with a hole in the tip over the exhaust pipe that I hope he won't see and is gonna make a hilarious farting sound if it's still there when he starts the truck next.

We didn't have time to get his other truck as thoroughly, but it got some love too...

signal-2023-07-24-160331_003.jpeg

signal-2023-07-24-160331_002.jpeg

Kevin B.

I need to go on record that I am not responsible for the duck. That was his sister's idea, and it's just cuz she likes rubber ducks. That is not a Jeep Duck.

If I know Michelle, it's gonna make it onto the dashboard anyway. But it's not my fault.