I Quit!

RKCRWLR

Congrats and hang in there. Check out whyquit.com if you want the "scared straight" treatment. Scary stuff. Even my couple of cigars a year concerns me after reading and seeing some of that stuff. Good luck!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I quit smoking cold turkey in december of 2003. All I did was go to www.quitnet.com and talk to other people on the forums there and eat A LOT of blow pops. Doing somthing with your hands at all times is really good too. Especially if you are going cold turkey. That website is cool beucase it has a calculator of all the cigaretts you quit smoking , how many days it has saved your life, how many cigarettes you have not smoked...ect. It is really encouraging. I still go in and check my stats to see how many cigarettes I have not smoked... this is an example of where I am at now....

My Quit

534 days, 5 hours, 18 seconds smoke free.

10684 cigarettes not smoked.
$1,815.60 and 2 months, 21 days, 14 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 10/30/2003 11:00:00 AM

Remember that you will ALWAYS get intense craving once in a while, sometimes you come EXTREMLY close to giving up, but every craving last 5 minutes at the most, so pre occupy yourself.

Also the site lets you express how crazy you feel sometimes. Just dont take any patches or anything, it is still pumping nicotine into your body. Shawn is right that is is all a mental game and it is willpower!!! after like a few weeks of not smoking the nicotine is out of your system, it is just your brain that you have to train out of a habit. Hang in there!! Oh, and if you are getting booty a lot of that helps to kill cravings....HAHAHA!!!!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Oh...and The more you know about smoking the better your chances are. So eduacte yourself all the time, until you start feeling guilty for wanting to smoke. It really helps!!! :D
also your sex life will improve GREATLY. Nicotine numbs nerves all over your body so if you think you are having good sex wait until you have quit for a few weeks....WOO HOO!!!!! ;) :p

Good luck let me know if you need any assistance....