Gear / Accessories I think I've bought my last Trasharoo

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So I ended up grabbing the ARB Track Pack, got Kurt's last one. After one trip I'm optimistic. Like most ARB stuff I've personal experience with, it's a little on the pricey side and seems overbuilt, but for something I just wanna hang on the truck and forget about, overbuilt is good. It's definitely made of rugged fabric and the straps are nice and meaty. It's got fancy little reflecty bits, which is unnecessary but a nice touch. The inside has a divider, ostensibly for trash on one side and recycling on the other but that could be handy for other organization too. There's large pockets on the sides, but none on the front or top, in fact no top flap at all, it's a roll top closure. Means you can pack more in but it's not quite as convenient. The strap situation appears to be optimized for a spare tire, and is a little awkward to set up on a tailgate or barn door like mine, but it works.

So far so good. At three times the price of a Trasharoo, I'll be upset if I don't get at least six years out of it but it seems like it might be good for longer?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I can buy a whole lotta plastic garbage bags for the price of that thing.
Or a potatoes sack for $3.75
But I guess I wouldn't get any expo points with that frugal attitude.
Eh, we joke about the expo points but it's worth it to me to be able to carry volumes of trash outside the vehicle, and it's worth it to me for whatever that solution looks like to be functional and durable. $150 does seem like a lot, but I'll spend at least that much on gas, most trips, and then I'll post on RME about what an awesome time I had and how good it was for my soul. I don't spend money frivolously very often- I can't, I literally don't have it to spend, but I'm willing to spend what I can when I have to if it adds value to my time on the dirt. That $150 was a good chunk of my discretionary budget for the month but if the thing does what it's supposed to, it's going to be worth it to me.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Eh, we joke about the expo points but it's worth it to me to be able to carry volumes of trash outside the vehicle, and it's worth it to me for whatever that solution looks like to be functional and durable. $150 does seem like a lot, but I'll spend at least that much on gas, most trips, and then I'll post on RME about what an awesome time I had and how good it was for my soul. I don't spend money frivolously very often- I can't, I literally don't have it to spend, but I'm willing to spend what I can when I have to if it adds value to my time on the dirt. That $150 was a good chunk of my discretionary budget for the month but if the thing does what it's supposed to, it's going to be worth it to me.
Buy once, cry once seems to be something I have heard around here somewhere

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
So I ended up grabbing the ARB Trash Pack, got Kurt's last one. After one trip I'm optimistic. Like most ARB stuff I've personal experience with, it's a little on the pricey side and seems overbuilt, but for something I just wanna hang on the truck and forget about, overbuilt is good. It's definitely made of rugged fabric and the straps are nice and meaty. It's got fancy little reflecty bits, which is unnecessary but a nice touch. The inside has a divider, ostensibly for trash on one side and recycling on the other but that could be handy for other organization too. There's large pockets on the sides, but none on the front or top, in fact no top flap at all, it's a roll top closure. Means you can pack more in but it's not quite as convenient. The strap situation appears to be optimized for a spare tire, and is a little awkward to set up on a tailgate or barn door like mine, but it works.

So far so good. At three times the price of a Trasharoo, I'll be upset if I don't get at least six years out of it but it seems like it might be good for longer?
I was in the market for a new solution until my wife got me a new trasharoo for Christmas. When this one wears out in a year or two, I'll look for your review then.