Gear / Accessories I think I've bought my last Trasharoo

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
They just don't last, UV gets 'em inside a couple years and they fall apart. My truck lives in the sun 24-7 and I'm far too lazy to take that thing off after every trip, so I'm done with those.

But I can't live without them either, having a trash can hanging off the rear of the truck is a game changer. Before I get out the sewing machine, anybody have any experience with a similar product that will hold up to year round weather? The ARB Track Pack is the only one I've found that claims to use UV resistant canvas and buckles but it's not cheap, I think I could make one for half the price.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
They just don't last, UV gets 'em inside a couple years and they fall apart. My truck lives in the sun 24-7 and I'm far too lazy to take that thing off after every trip, so I'm done with those.

But I can't live without them either, having a trash can hanging off the rear of the truck is a game changer. Before I get out the sewing machine, anybody have any experience with a similar product that will hold up to year round weather? The ARB Track Pack is the only one I've found that claims to use UV resistant canvas and buckles but it's not cheap, I think I could make one for half the price.
I'm right there with you, buddy. I've gone through 3 Trasharoos, and while the price is right, they just disintegrate. So when my last one fell apart, I picked up a 23Zero Rear Trash Bag. On the whole, I'm very happy with it. It's made of much heavier duty material, is UV resistant, and has a nifty mounting system that allows you to unclip the bag while leaving the straps on your tire/tailgate. Its also manufactured up at their facility in Soda Springs, which is cool.

My only complaints are that its a bit smaller than the Trasharoo, and it's black; which is more a personal preference thing. I have chatted with the guys at 23Zero and recommended an olive drab and desert sand color, and they seemed keen on expanding the color options. So that may be a possibility in the future, but not right now.

Last edited:

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
So have they gotten worse over the years, or have mine just not been in the sun long enough? They are 5-8 years old I'd guess.

Kevin B.

I think I could make one for half the price.
I priced it out. Using the same UV-proof Top Gun marine fabric I made the RTT cover out of, with 316 stainless buckles and poly webbing for straps, it comes near $100 just in materials. I could go cheaper on all of it but I don't want to. Maybe that ARB bag is looking better.

1701486197932.png

J-mobzz

I just bought a new one in October. I was disappointed at how my last one didn’t last. But I guess not enough to look into a different option. After seeing this I don’t think I’ll be getting another one.

Kevin B.

Make one out of that outdoor patio chair vinyl/polyester material that sits in the sun all day an never rots. That would probably last forever.
I looked at that. The outdoor grade stuff I found is more expensive than the Top Gun canvas, and harder to sew. I'm not sure my little home ec class machine could do it.