I want to go on a ride...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Well, I just got back from a brisk 15 min ride... it's currently 17* in Fruita, :eek: I really needed to go out, my DRZ just got back from the shop yesterday after having the engine rebuilt. I wanted to make sure it was running right! I crossed some packed snow/ice on my street & the rest of the roads were clear. No problems with slipping, but I made sure to keep it pointed straight & be easy on the power.

The bike ran great, got it up to 80 & backed off. Took a cruise around Fruita & then headed back home. As I pulled into my neighborhood, & throttled it in 2nd gear & rode a wheelie up the street... yep, more power! After I set it down, I see... another motorcycle coming out of my neighborhood! I think we were both surprised to see each other! In the end, my jeans suck at keeping me warm & my chin froze. Things to remember next time I venture out in mid-teen temps. ;)
Needs more beard!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Why in the hell would you shave off your natural protection against the cold...I have a pretty bitchen beard growing right now!!

2201333549_b957b5ac91.jpg

It was between -15 and -20 all week at work...I need all the insulation I can get!

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Why in the hell would you shave off your natural protection against the cold...I have a pretty bitchen beard growing right now!!

It was between -15 and -20 all week at work...I need all the insulation I can get!

Yeah, I was regretting the decision to shave while I was on my ride. I shaved to make a good impression on a new supervisor... :rolleyes: I didn't want to look like some unshaven-bum. :rofl: That & I've been working down in Vegas, 60* highs don't require facial hair. :p

This was on Christmas eve...

Attachments

• SANY0011 (Large).JPG
    SANY0011 (Large).JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 25

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yeah, I was regretting the decision to shave while I was on my ride. I shaved to make a good impression on a new supervisor... :rolleyes: I didn't want to look like some unshaven-bum. :rofl: That & I've been working down in Vegas, 60* highs don't require facial hair. :p

This was on Christmas eve...

I really look like a bum when I grow mine out. I might try again. :eek:

KWight

Well, I just got back from a brisk 15 min ride... it's currently 17* in Fruita, :eek: I really needed to go out, my DRZ just got back from the shop yesterday after having the engine rebuilt. ;)

Greg, I have a Honda XR 350R with a Yoshimira Big Block kit = 400cc. We will have to go riding out at Rabbit Valley sometime, but not until the weather gets warmer. I even have my ATV in the shed right now, but have thought about a ride up on the Mesa if I can float on all that snow.

Kevin
Grand Junction

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg, I have a Honda XR 350R with a Yoshimira Big Block kit = 400cc. We will have to go riding out at Rabbit Valley sometime, but not until the weather gets warmer. I even have my ATV in the shed right now, but have thought about a ride up on the Mesa if I can float on all that snow.

Kevin
Grand Junction

Kevin, good to see another Western Slope local on here! I'd be game for a riding at Rabbit Valley when it warms up, I love riding out there. If the temps make up near the 40's soon I might have to make a trip out to Green River. With all this white stuff on the ground, I really miss being able to ride.