I will not speed. I will not speed....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have had friends make fun of the way I drive. Mostly they just rib me for driving the speed limit, or always using my signal. Today, one of our drivers at work was let go for having too many tickets, three total. He has been with the company for about 8 years, and is 55 years old. He made over $80K last year with Frito Lay. He was 2 years away from qualifying for his retirement grant which would be a lump sum of about $500K. None of his tickets were given to him while he was driving the company truck.

I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. I will not speed. :ugh: :ugh:

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Dang thats tough.

I've had a couple guy's get fired over the phone when they have to call there boss to tell him there truck is out of service. Makes it kind of scary to be alone with them intell some one come's and get them. Then it's there wife and she lets me have it to. :D

utahxjer

Kris K said:
Dang thats tough.

I've had a couple guy's get fired over the phone when they have to call there boss to tell him there truck is out of service. Makes it kind of scary to be alone with them intell some one come's and get them. Then it's there wife and she lets me have it to. :D
Why would they get fired if the company truck doesn't pass inspection?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
utahxjer said:
Why would they get fired if the company truck doesn't pass inspection?
Because it is the drivers responsibility to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive before he drives it. It is still the companies job to maintain the truck, but if their driver knowingly drives it with bad safety equipment, I'd fire him too.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Hickey said:
Because it is the drivers responsibility to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive before he drives it. It is still the companies job to maintain the truck, but if their driver knowingly drives it with bad safety equipment, I'd fire him too.

Roger that

Also sometimes the drive loads his own truck and end up being WAY over and i write a ticket tell him to call his company to send out another truck or whatever they need to get the truck legal.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
my friends always give me crap cause i drive pretty mildly since i got my truck. i usually pin it on the speed limit, and my speedo is 10% off, so my friends always complain that i am going 60 when it is actually 66 :D

sometimes i race other trucks and rice rockets though... gotta be a tough guy sometimes.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Kris K said:
Also sometimes the drive loads his own truck and end up being WAY over and i write a ticket tell him to call his company to send out another truck or whatever they need to get the truck legal.
We don't usually have a problem with that. ;)

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Hickey said:
We don't usually have a problem with that. ;)

True i think in the 2 1/2 years i've been doing this i've stopped the frito lay truck one time and that was for expired saftey inspections i believe.

We do however have a problem with one of the little delivery trucks that will be fixed as soon as he goes by without stopping again. :mad:

utahxjer

Hickey said:
I have had friends make fun of the way I drive. Mostly they just rib me for driving the speed limit, or always using my signal. Today, one of our drivers at work was let go for having too many tickets, three total. He has been with the company for about 8 years, and is 55 years old. He made over $80K last year with Frito Lay. He was 2 years away from qualifying for his retirement grant which would be a lump sum of about $500K. None of his tickets were given to him while he was driving the company truck.
sucks about your co-worker, dang. I have let a couple guys who "drive" for a living slide on a few minor things while in their personal vehicles... cause I know it really f's them over, but if it's bad enough you gotta do what you gotta do

camicaztoy

heck no, just wandering. i actually don't deliver up that way very often. besides if drivers try to keep themselves as legal as posible theres no reason to have problems.