Idaho IBDR in 2024

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I rewatched the Revere video last night and they ran it in mid July. They were starting to see wildfire activity, but had very little snow to drive through.

How about early July or the last week of June?
I could do the week of June 10th but that's probably too early. I wouldn't be able to plug in another week until early September.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Saturday June 22nd-Sunday June 30th are the dates I propose.

I’d rather shovel snow than deal with forest fires, and I think it’s gonna be a big year for those fires.
Those dates will put me out probably. The only thing we have committed to this summer is going to the Hwy 30 music festival in Idaho Falls with some friends and that is the 19-22nd. I wouldn't be opposed to taking the 22nd - 30th off but I don't think my wife will be to keen on driving the coach home from Idaho Falls.

J-mobzz

Is this going to be exclusively camping? Or do you plan to grab a hotel a night or two along the way? Just thinking about how I need to start getting my jeep set up and if I want to do a water tank and pump for a camp shower. My pump and water heater will come out of the van easily and adapt to a smaller water tank but the jeep doesn’t have a ton of space.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Is this going to be exclusively camping? Or do you plan to grab a hotel a night or two along the way? Just thinking about how I need to start getting my jeep set up and if I want to do a water tank and pump for a camp shower. My pump and water heater will come out of the van easily and adapt to a smaller water tank but the jeep doesn’t have a ton of space.
You will bathe in the river water coming off the mountain top glaciers

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I am hoping and planning on all camping.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am hoping and planning on all camping.
I want to stay married, and I’m pretty sure 8 nights of just camping with my wife would interfere with that.

I was thinking one or two lodgings somewhere along the way would be nice. Somewhere rustic/historic/interesting, most likely.

I should tell you all that my wife’s nickname has always been “Lolo”. Several of her nephews/nieces called her that because they couldn’t pronounce Lory very well. That means anything containing the word Lolo makes her giddy, so we’re definitely stopping at Lolo Peak Brewery in Lolo, Montana during this trip. We’ve stayed a LoLo Hot Springs Before and it’s a neat spot.

J-mobzz

I want to stay married, and I’m pretty sure 8 nights of just camping with my wife would interfere with that.

I was thinking one or two lodgings somewhere along the way would be nice. Somewhere rustic/historic/interesting, most likely.

I should tell you all that my wife’s nickname has always been “Lolo”. Several of her nephews/nieces called her that because they couldn’t pronounce Lory very well. That means anything containing the word Lolo makes her giddy, so we’re definitely stopping at Lolo Peak Brewery in Lolo, Montana during this trip. We’ve stayed a LoLo Hot Springs Before and it’s a neat spot.
IMG_4756.jpeg
I’ve been back several times.

I’m down for camping 8 days or a few nights in a hotel. I’m not down for 8 days of wet wipe cleanup.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member

I am content to camp even if you grab a hotel. I'm sure I can find something near enough that it shouldn't be an inconvience to meet up after.