Ideal Shop Tool List...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have also seen some hoist setups that used a single pipe mounted vertical with a swinging arm made of an I beam. It could be mounted against a wall to give you 180* of swing while the trolly would slide back and forth on the I beam.
The one I remember most was very large. The main pipe was about 12" diameter. It was slick.:cool:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
BBowski82 said:
tubing notcher...anyone have plans to make your own?

It would be bitchen if you could make a clamp that would position your tube at any angle & notch it on the drill press. Let me know if you do... I'll want one!

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Greg said:
It would be bitchen if you could make a clamp that would position your tube at any angle & notch it on the drill press. Let me know if you do... I'll want one!

I really think it would be simple to do....it would be a matter of fashioning a bearing assembly and using possibly a jackshaft...the wheels are turning.

Anyone have pics of a JD2 (or similar) notcher they'd mind posting?

Caleb

Greg said:
I'm pretty sure that most of them can be fastened to a drill press rahter than a hand drill...

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
94redtoy said:
not really a tool, but are you going to put a furnace in there to make it nice and toasty when youre working late in the night??

Yeah, I'll need to...I need to look into this. I'm not sure what it would take to heat a garage this size.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
BBowski82 said:
Anyone have pics of a JD2 (or similar) notcher they'd mind posting?
345%3C%3A%3C7%3A4%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3258%3E6%3A8%3E598%3EWSNRCG%3D323352%3C85584%3Anu0mrj

345%3C%3A%3C7%3A4%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3258%3E6%3A8%3E598%3EWSNRCG%3D323352%3C853%3C53nu0mrj

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Supergper said:
I'm pretty sure that most of them can be fastened to a drill press rahter than a hand drill...

Yeah, but you're still pretty limited. I had a hard time notching with a bend close by, a clamp that could overcome that issue would be killer.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Hickey said:
Squak squak, butthead. Maybe you just suck at it.

Grinding notches is ONLY for those notches you can't do with a notcher. Pro-Tools makes an expensive one with an adjustable clamp, so you can do offset notches. (or clamp to a bend, and still notch through the tube straight) When I get another, I'll prolly still get the cheaper, "normal" version though.